Cove To Clover Car Window Decals Now Available For $2 Donation At Mick Kelly’s
The 2nd annual Cove to Clover 5k fundraiser race is coming Sunday, March 14th, and to help stir up excitement and let people know you’re a supporter, race organizers are offering up a limited number of cool car window decals for a $2 donation at Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub.
To get yours, just drop into Mick Kelly’s (located at 435 SW 152nd Street in Burien; 206.246.2473) and ask the bartender or server for one. They’re also available now at The Tin Room, Goodie Gumdrops and Emerald City Smoothie (both the Burien and Normandy Park locations).
But act fast, as they’re going quickly.
Your $2 donation will go towards the Highline Area Food Bank, as well as to local area schools. Last year over $12,000 was raised, and this yearâ€™s total fundraising goal is $20,000!
We’ve got one on the back of The B-Town Blogmobileâ„¢, and we think it looks pretty dang groovy.
If you’re interested in registering to run the Cove to Clover, please click here.
Here’s what to expect this year:
- The race begins at 1pm on Sunday, March 14th at Normandy Park Community Club. The course winds up â€œsnake hillâ€ all the way to the Gregory Heights neighborhood, past St. Francis of Assisi, crosses 152nd street with the finish line in Burien Town Square, where there will be a traditional Irish Festival.
- This challenging course takes its toll on even the most seasoned runners! Two water stops are provided, and racers will be rewarded with music from an Irish Piper when the reach the top of the ominous â€œsnakeâ€ hill.
- Again there is a 1-mile Family Race which begins at St. Francis and follows the last of the 5K course.
- NEW: â€œWhile You Runâ€ childcare, check your kids in at the Family Race start. Run the first 2 miles of the 5K, check your kids back out to run the Family Race together. Your 5K time will suffer of course.
- NEW: Pub Crawl â€“ Friday March 12th!
- NEW: School Registration Contest! $5 from each registration fee can be donated to the local school of your choice! Justâ€”type in your schoolâ€™s name at registration–the school with the most registrations will be awarded an additional $1,500! Registrations can track their schoolâ€™s progress at www.covetoclover.com/schools.
- NEW: School Limerick Contest â€” A $500 prize will be awarded to the school (or non-profit for non- student entries) who present the winning Limerick! Limerick contest details at www.covetoclover.com/limerick. BTW, we’re working on our own Limerick that starts “There once was a man from B-Town…”
- NEW: Start Line Party â€“ Live Band inside the Normandy Park Cove Building prior to the race so you can warm up dancing to old school rock and roll.
- NEW: Expanded Pre-Race shuttle service from the finish line to the start line.
5k at 1:00pm:
- $30.00 early registration (before Mar. 2nd; $35 after)
Family Race (1 mile) at 1:30 PM:
- $25.00 early registration (before Mar. 2nd; $30 after)
Some other highlights include:
- On-course Irish Pipes
- Irish Entertainment
- 2 Live Bands
- Bigger Beer Garden
- 1-mile Family Race
- Free Hot Dogs for Kids
- Free Root Beer Garden
- Irish Grub
Not a runner? Get involved as a race day volunteer! Please contact John Nelson at [email protected].
As the official web Sponsor of the Cove To Clover race, we’ll be posting more updates soon (including details on the Pub Crawl March 12th!), so be sure to check back often.
More information available at the official Cove to Clover website here.