Burien Goodwill Offering Free English & Computer Classes; Registration Starts 3/1
Burien Goodwill is offering FREE eight-week English and Computer classes from March 15th through May 6th, with registration from March 1-3 at its location at 1031 SW 128th.
These courses are aimed at teaching people with significant barriers to employment valuable skills needed to find and keep jobs.
This session, students who are studying English but would like to build their computer skills immediately can take a new class, ESOL Computer Basics. And to satisfy a growing demand for English classes, the Center will offer a Level 1 course as well as an additional Basic class.
Classes fill up fast, and sign-up is on a first-come, first-served basis, so interested people are encouraged to sign up soon.
The center will offer the following classes:
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL):
- Basic ESOL: Â Mondays and Wednesdays (three different classes: 9 to 10:30 a.m.; 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. or 6:30 to 8 p.m.)
- Level 1: Â Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5 p.m.Â NEW CLASS!
- Level 2:Â Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Level 3:Â Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5 p.m.
- Literacy:Â Mondays and Wednesdays from 10:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Computer Basics:Â Mondays and Wednesdays (two different classes: 9 to 10:30 a.m. and 10:45 to 12:15 a.m.)
- ESOL Computer Basics 1:Â Mondays and Wednesdays (two different classes:Â 1:30 to 3 p.m. or 3:30 to 5 p.m.)Â NEW CLASS!
- ESOL Computer Basics 2:Â Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
- Microsoft Word:Â Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
For class availability and enrollment information, please call (206) 957-1026.