If you read The B-Town Blog regularly, you’re probably aware that, aside from providing a much-needed and timely service to the Burien area, we’re growing very quickly in both traffic, content and Advertisers (more info on us here ).
And growth can be good, except of course when it starts to overwhelm a very small staff.
Hence, this posting â€“ we’re looking for at least two capable folks to come join our Burien-based team:
- JOURNALIST/EDITOR with WordPress knowledge (or you’re at least not afraid to learn it). Yes, we need another Editor to collect content, format it, copy edit, add graphics (and do appropriate FTPing if necessary), then push the “Publish” button to update some of our up-and-coming blogs (we currently have 6 total, with more coming soon…).
- SALES REP who can call on local businesses to let them know about us. We have nice Rate Cards, excellent traffic (40-50k Uniques per month on BTB alone), the websites speak for themselves, and we’re finding that Ads on here are an easy sell. We just need more feet on the ground!
Here’s some more info:
- We prefer to find local folks who live in the area.
- We like people who are involved in their communities (we’re active in ours).
- We like to find people who either read the blog already, or know of us.
- You can work part or full-time (some folks working here now have other gigs).
- You can set your own hours.
- This is a “ground-floor opportunity” and you will be part of a small, growing team.
- These are Contractor (1099) positions, meaning that you’ll be paid on an either per-job/hourly basis or pure Commission. And believe it or not, we also accept Volunteers! There are no benefits other than working with a fun, local, talented team who like to make a difference in their community.
- Your work will be seen on not just here on The B-Town Blog, but our five other area sister sites as well, including:
- Please have a computer and internet access (we’ll give you an email account).
- Please have a reliable car & valid driver’s license.
- Please have the ability to manage your clients throughout their entire Ad run on the sites (this includes staying in contact with them, renewing them when their contracts expire, etc.).
- You will work as an Independent Contractor, meaning you’ll be responsible for your own taxes, insurance, etc. and there are no additional benefits).
- You dig the internet and are excited about its future possibilities, including new technologies like the upcoming iPad.
- You like Local News, Events, Arts, Entertainment and more, as well as helping out your community(we hold our own Fundraiser Blog Parties about once per quarter, and over our 2+ year lifespan have raised over $13,000 for local charities).
To apply for one of these positions, please email us  your resume, links to your online stuff (ie: Facebook, LinkedIn, Blogs, etc.), and your interests and availability!Facebook Twitter Subscribe