Burien Man Facing Charges For Drowning Girlfriend’s Pit Bull

The Seattle P-I is reporting that a Burien man is facing animal cruelty charges on claims that he beat and drowned his girlfriend’s Pit Bull dog.

According to the P-I, King County prosecutors say that on the night of Jan. 24th, Tyler E. Newman, 24, arrived at Five Corners Animal Hospital in Burien with the dead dog, a 5-year-old pit bull named Mada.

Staff at the animal hospital told investigators that Newman admitted, “I think I drowned my dog.”

Newman allegedly said the dog bit him when he was scolding it for urinating in his home. According to charging papers, Newman said he “just lost it” when the dog bit him again while he was attempting to bathe it.

Read the full story here.

Comments

7 Responses to “Burien Man Facing Charges For Drowning Girlfriend’s Pit Bull”
  1. Jim Branson says:

Makes me wish I believed in hell.

2. Jim D says:

I dont care for pit bull’s But I’d like to see Tyler get some time for this. I think it is this kind of person that has turned them mean…

3. jan says:

i hope she had the good sense to break up with him!

4. Rebecca says:

My guess — he was trying to drown the dog, not bathe her, and the dog bit him trying to save her life. Whether that’s the case or not, this is a man with extremely violent tendencies. I ache for that dog’s last minutes on earth!

5. Rob says:

You know it’s obvious he felt bad after admitting to Vet hospital emplyees that He drowned his dog- but that is no excuse. I also hope his girlfriend broke up with him as today and animal tomorrow a person???

6. Carolyn says:

That dog probably bit him in self defense as he was “reprimanding it” If someone was physically threatening me, I’d probably urinate too. … I doubt he was trying to bathe the dog, I mean get real. Who bathes a dog after reprimanding it? This was a premeditated murder – even if it was a dog. Who is going to be next?
    That girl better get as far away from him as she can, or she’ll be next.
    I hope the courts put him away for a long time in a far away place because he is a danger to society.

7. roxi says:

Good for him. One less monster in the world. I’m a firm believer in the ‘bully’ breed being exterminated. Mastiffs too, then dobermans and rottis. Don’t like it? Oh well!