Did You Run Sunday? Here’s A Link To The Cove To Clover Photo Pool
During Sunday’s Cove to Clover 5k fundraiser race, we had two Photographers shooting throughout the entire race, with Publisher/Editor Scott Schaefer manning the starting line, Snake Hill and St. Francis, and Michael Brunk stationed at the finish line.
Overall, we shot 2,461 photos (but who’s counting?) many of which included some of the more than 1,000 runners who ran the race.
In a perfect world of internet goodness, we’d be able to email your pic to you instantly and automatically based on your registration number. This online utopia would instantly send a high-res image of YOU taken during the race, or perhaps even print it and have it waiting in a nice frame on your porch as you returned home.
But, alas, we do not yet live in this perfect online utopia now do we? So, get your worn-out feet back to the real world, and wake up to the best we can do right now â€“ as of 9:30pm Sunday night (Mar. 14), we are currently still uploading images to this “2010 Cove to Clover 5k Run” Group Pool on Flickr (it only lets us upload 500 at a time):
Now if you’ve never used Flickr before, it’s pretty easy – click on the link above and you’ll go the the Group Pool’s page. Once there, you’ll see a bunch of images. Hundreds, if not 2,461 of ‘em, but who’s counting?
Here’s what to do:
- In the upper right of the page, you’ll see a “Slideshow” icon.
- If you click on that it’ll start a slideshow of the pics.
- You can move through the show faster using your > key.
- Go through the pics until you see yours.
- Click on your pic. The slideshow should stop.
- Now, in the upper right corner you’ll see the file name of the image. Click on that.
- Now you should be on a page that shows just that image.
- Click on “All Sizes” which is located above the pic, kind of in the middle.
- Then click on “Original Size,” and right-click on Download the Original size and “Save As” the pic to your computer.
- The “original size” image can be printed, emailed, etc.
DISCLAIMER: Hopefully we took a pic of you and posted it. If not, we apologize â€“ it’s quite a challenge! This is our first time shooting so many people at one event, and surely we can do better. Also, note that not all images have been uploaded yet, so be sure to check back Monday, as our magic photo elves are working as fast as they can.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Unfortunately, we do not have the full race results ready to post yet – please check back for that Monday as well!
And now, here’s round #1 of our choice pics from the day: