Sunday’s Cove To Clover Race Results & Pics, Round #1
On a day when even a 6’4″ “Snake” couldn’t stop them, over 1,000 runners ran the second annual Cove to Clover 5k fundraiser race for the Highline Area Food Bank on Sunday afternoon, March 14.
The race started at the Normandy Park Community Club at 1pm sharp when King County Councilmember Jan Drago fired a starting pistol. Soon, the front-runners encountered Snake Hill, which separated the wheat from the chaff.
It was on Snake Hill when John Timeus, 25, of Kent, the overall winner, took control and never looked back. He crossed the finish line at Burien Town Square in an impressive 18 minutes and 55 seconds.
Second place went to 50-year Normandy Park runner Ray Prentice, who clocked in at 20:38. Not bad for a 50-year old.
The top female runner was Elsa Natal, 31, of Seattle with a 22:58 time.
Here are the overall winners as posted at the finish line:
- John Timeus, Kent, 25/M 18:55
- Ray Preintice, Normandy Park, 50/M 20:38
- Paul Huynh Normandy Park, 18/M 20:49
- Matt Parker, Burien 30/M 21:17
- Nicholas Deisler, Seattle 26/M 21:56
- Garrick Hughes Normandy Park, 26/M 22:02
- Jason Ireland, Langley, 36/M 22:18
- A.Z. Satterfield Normandy Park, 17/M 22:23
- Mike Fosberg, Burien, 45/M 22:31
- Joe Baisch, Seattle, 27/M 22:39
- Elsa Natal, Seattle, 31/F 22:58
- Carmen Storer, Des Moines, 25/F 23:27
- Cassie Marino, Des Moines , 25/F 24:44
- Natalie D’Amico, Burien, 23/F 25:15
- Cindy Sagmoen, Burien, 42/F 26:00
- Dini Peneda, Seattle, 31/F 26:05
- Robin Donocan, Seattle, 28/F 26:10
- Donna Sullivan-Dyrdal, Burien, 54/F 26:21
- Gina Mutter, Normandy Park, 43/F 26:34
- Sandi Rowden, Burien, 45/F 26:34
Here’s our first batch of pics, shot by Michael Brunk at the finish line:
We’ll be posting more photos, results and stories throughout the day (and most likely over the next few days), so be sure to check back often.
Within a few days we’ll also post a link to a photo “pool” with every single pic we shot at the race â€“ there’s a good chance you’re in there if you ran the race, and you’ll be able to download high-res, printable pics for no charge, as a gift from The B-Town Blog!