Welcome Our Latest Advertiser: Benson’s Best Bites!
We’d like to welcome our latest Advertiser – Benson’s Best Bites, located at 17851 First Avenue South in Normandy Park.
Located in Manhattan Village, near the QFC, Benson’s Best Bites brings gems of the world’s cheese culture to the Normandy Park neighborhood, as well as some notable specialty groceries and bakery items.
Here’s what the Bensons have to say about their store:
The Benson family’s long-standing fascination with world foods combined with Ezra’s retail history (he managed the advertising and printing for Benson’s Fashions in Des Moines for 35 years) inspired them to open Best Bites in October 2008. The carefully selected stock reflects a good value for quality products. Not sure you’ll like a certain cheese? Sample it before you buy. Cheese and meat are cut-to-order. Thumann’s Brand Premium cold cut meats offer top quality at better than grocery store prices. Come in and taste the difference. While meats and cheeses are the center of the store, olives, chocolate, and an amazing selection of spices, rice, beans, and lentils are sold in bulk. Other items in the store will optimize their use. As your neighbors, we are excited to offer you great food choices and a fun, personal shopping experience: The extra-you-don’t-pay-extra-for.
If you delight in the Food Channel, you’ll be right at home in our store. We’re not a super market – although we are beside QFC; instead, Best Bites is a small, specialty store, similar to what you might find in Europe. It’s a friendly place to find fresh ideas and special ingredients for supper – or a party! Our cheese and salami platters make any event special. Best Bites also is happy to make sandwich, quiche, or dessert platters.
Best Bites Snack Bar is open from 10am to 6pm (10 am to 3:30 pm on Saturday; Closed on Sunday). We have limited in-store seating, but also offer take-out sandwiches and home made soup. The Snack Bar is not a cafe (no coffee) though we have a great assortment of sodas. Try the Dirty Jobs Sandwich with a cup of Ezra’s Roasted Potato Leek Soup. Top it off with a sticky bun or a scoop of Snoqualmie Raspberry Honey Gelatto in a waffle cone (made fresh at The Bites)!
Special events happen on Saturdays: pig roasts, garlic fries, crepes, guest chocolatieres, Chicago Style Hot Dogs, raclette tastings, etc. For instance, from 11 to 3 this Saturday, celebrate St. Patrick’s Day early with a hearty plate of hot sliced Corned Beef, Steamed Red Potatoes, Cabbage, Carrots & Rye Bread, a scoop of Pistachio (or your favorite flavor) Ice Cream! Sign up for our email list to be notified of special events, food demonstrations, and new arrivals.
Baking and cake decorating enthusiasts will find Best Bites’ selection a valuable resource. We have a daughter who loves to bake and had to search the length of Seattle to find ingredients and gifts for her. Now, they are in our store! Best Bites carries an impressive array of ingredients and flavors that are usually only available to commercial bakers.
We offer food choices that can lift the level of cuisine at your own home without destroying your food budget. Guests will seek your recipes! We invite you to taste foods and discover what you like!
Cheesiest Deli and Specialty Grocery in Normandy Park:
- Over 50 cheeses from our own back yard to the corners of the world, including some cheeses that are organic and some that use vegetable rennet.
Italian style salamis; East Coast Deli style cold cuts, and meats from local smokehouses.
- Cured olives from Europe, California, and South America.
- Fine bulk baking chocolate as well as gourmet chocolate bars.
- Cookies and crackers featuring some of Europe’s best!
- Quality oils, vinegars, and jams are flavorful buys. Taste the difference!
- Wonderful bulk selection of fresh spices & herbs – both basic and unusual – at tremendous savings over grocery store prices.
- Bulk section offers an amazing selection of exotic rices, beans, and lentils and pasta.
- An opportunity to discover “gourmet salts” from around the world.
- Ingredients and tools to delight candy making and baking enthusiasts!
- Frozen Raviolis, puff pastry sheets and pie & tart shells.
- Hardware to facilitate the use of foods sold!
- Snack Bar features Deli Sandwiches on artisan bread – Panini Toasted if you wish; hot dogs (Saturdays only), and cheese & cracker Party Platters for entertaining.
- New – Fresh Artisan Breads & Rolls from Columbia City Bakery and Zatz’s Better Bagels in West Seattle
Please welcome our latest Advertisers by showing your support and shopping there:
Bensons Best Bites
17851 First Avenue South
- Monday to Friday 10 to 6:30 (snack bar closes at 6)
- Saturday 10 to 4 (snack bar closes at 3:30)
- Closed Sunday
Owners – Ezra & Loie Benson
Best Cheeses + Best Meats + Best Breads = Best Sandwiches @ Best Prices!
By the way – Ezra & Loie are better known for their unique honor-system, treasure-chest business, Boundary Pass Trader’s NW, which they have operated for 15 summers on Stuart Island, a remote island in the San Juan Islands.
[Would you like to have a Blogvertorial story, Ad and/or Event Listing like this on a popular, fast-growing website seen by over 80,000 interested Local Readers every month? Email us for more info, or check out our Advertise page!]