Grand Opening Of Highline Medical Center's New ER Facility Is April 10
The Grand Opening Celebration for Highline Medical Center’s New ER and Patient Care Unit is coming Saturday, April 10th from 10am â€“ 3pm at the main campus in Burien.
Along with tours of the new facility, there will be a cool “Blood & Guts” exhibit by Pacific Science Center, workshops, a book signing, mini massages (NOT for MINI Coopers), ambulance and fire truck tours, limited free bike helmets for kids and much more.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Grand Opening celebration of Highline Medical Center’s New ER and Patient Care Unit.
WHEN: Saturday, April 10th from 10am â€“ 3pm.
WHERE: Highline Medical Center’s main campus in Burien (Enter from Sylvester Road for Event Parking).
INFO: Here’s a schedule of events:
Limited Seating On First Come, First Serve Availability.
- 10am: Pacific Science Center presents â€œSENSE-ationalâ€ an entertaining exploration of your senses and how we perceive the world around us.
- 11am: â€œAre You Ready?â€ Fitness expert Bob Harper, from The Biggest Loser speaks on finding the motivation to get fit.
- 12pm: Bob Harper signs his book, â€œAre You Ready! Take Charge, Lose Weight and Change Your Life Forever.â€ Copies available for purchase.
- 1pm: â€œUse Your Head.â€ Grant Goodeve from Northwest Backroads shares his story of a parentâ€™s worst nightmare.
- 1:30pm: Pacific Science Center presents â€œSENSE-ationalâ€ again for those who missed it.
Here’s some info from a flier:
TOURS OF OUR NEW ER & PATIENT CARE UNIT ~ FUN & INFORMATIVE ACTIVITIES FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY:
- Blood and Guts, a Pacific Science Center Exhibit
- Acupressure Demonstrations
- Ambulance & Fire Truck Tours
- Wellness & Health
- Risk Assessments
- Mini Massages
- Free Health Screenings
- Bike Helmet Fittings for Kids
- Cupcake Lady
- Health Information Booths
- Senior Health & Wellness
- Safety Booths and Information
- 150 free kidsâ€™ bike helmets, personally fitted to each child and free Child ID Kits while supplies last. And more.
Bob Harper has become one of the nationâ€™s most sought-after motivational experts. Now entering his ninth season as a fitness trainer on NBCâ€™s worldwide hit The Biggest Loser, his optimistic outlook, practical advice and gregarious demeanor have earned him fans all over the country. And his â€œinside-outâ€ approach to making lasting lifestyle changes has led to countless success stories. Harper is also a regular on The Dr. Oz Show and has appeared on Oprah, Larry King Live, CNN Live and Ellen. He has been featured in magazines, including â€œOprah,â€ â€œEntertainment Weekly,â€ â€œTV Guideâ€ and â€œPeopleâ€. His book, â€œAre You Ready! Take Charge, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Change Your Life Forever?â€ was published in 2008. A limited number of copies will be available for purchase and signing at the event, with proceeds to benefit the Highline Medical Center Foundation.
Grant Goodeve, host of KING TVâ€™s Northwest Backroads, has been a star of television and film for more than 35 years, with leading roles on Eight is Enough, Northern Exposure and One Life to Live, plus dozens of guest roles including Murder She Wrote, Dynasty and 7th Heaven. After moving to the Northwest with his family, Goodeve became a local favorite as a contributor to KING TVâ€™s Evening Magazine and host of the popular series Northwest Backroads. As a father, he experienced a parentâ€™s worst nightmare, when his son Mac had a serious accident while mountain biking. Heâ€™ll tell their story and share what every parent should know about bicycle safety.
More info available at Highline Medical Center’s website.
- Temporary Occupancy Approved For Highline Medical Centerâ€™s New E.R.
- Highline Medical Centerâ€™s New Emergency Dept. Set To Open April 9-10