A LOOK BACK: Our 2010 April Fools' Day Edition
by Scott Schaefer
Ooops, we did it again â€“ we posted another series of “fake news” stories on this, April Fools’ Day 2010, and for that, we apologize profusely.
Please remember that the Publisher/Editor of The B-Town Blog is not only a former Journalist, he’s a former Comedy Writer/Producer (read his credits here); therefore, it’s in his DNA to try and make people laugh.
Some of you of course got our jokes.
Others…not so much.
Some of you should seriously consider moving to Slooflir, PA, Burien’s lovely new “Sister City” and home to Reverse Engineers, which is also known by its Latin name, Palindrome (HINT: it has nothing to do with Sarah Palin, and if you don’t get it, look it up fer cryin’ out loud!).
We know that we brought smiles to a few faces (Thanks for the kind note Mom!), including several comments on our Facebook page.
We will stand by our philosophy that we strongly believe in the power of laughter, of smiling, of positivity through humor, which we credit to blame on a very funny Dad, a childhood hero TV clown named J.P. Patches, a fun career doing comedy shows like “Almost Live!” “The Arsenio Hall Show” “Bill Nye the Science Guy” and much much more.
And now, here are links to our April Fools’ Day stories, which oddly all fell under the watchful eye of our new, one-day Temp Intern Editor Robb Patrickson:
- UPDATE: Our Temp Intern Editor Says Goodbye & Happy April Foolsâ€™ Day!
- Jaywalkers Beware â€“ City Of Burien Installs Five New Crosswalk Cameras
- Burienâ€™s B/ IAS Outdoor Art Space Is Backâ€¦But With A Major Twist
- BREAKING: Third Runway Suddenly Closed, Mysterious Digging Begins
- On Annexation Day, Welcome Burienâ€™s New Sister City: Slooflir, PA!
- City Will Use Eminent Domain To Turn Three Tree Point Into Nude Beach
- Welcome Our New Intern Editor (For The Day), Robb Patrickson!
Oh, and just for the heck of it, here are links to our fake April Fools’ Day stories from 2009:
- BREAKING: Ex-Office Depot Space To House Strip Club
- EXCLUSIVE: B-Town Blog Interviews Laser-Pointing Culprit
- UPDATE: No Morton Today
- PHOTO: Vandals Knock Over Part Of â€œThe Passageâ€
- Burienâ€™s Little Theater To Perform All-Nude Musical
- BREAKING NEWS: Mayor Nickels Suffers Injury In Burien
- BREAKING: King County To Fence In North Highline Area
- City Of Burien To Impose 20% Tax On All Internet Use
- Highline Hysterical Society File: Burienâ€™s Forgotten Festival
And now (until April 1, 2011 at least), we return you to your regularly scheduled, most up-to-date, REAL Local News, Arts, Events, Entertainment and more, and thank you all for your understanding…