Highline Schools Foundation Announces 2010 Gold Star Awards Nominees
On Wednesday (April 14), the Highline Schools Foundation released its list of nominees for the 2010 Gold Star Awards, with 27 names from 20 different schools in the district.
Gold Star Awards honor outstanding teachers, staff, administrators and volunteers in the Highline Public Schools, and all members of the school community were invited to nominate their peers. The entry deadline was April 1st.
Winners will receive a cash award and will be honored at the Foundationâ€™s Gold Star Luncheon on May 21st at the Double Tree Guest Suites Hotel and will feature programs of HSFFE over the past ten years and the impact it’s had on the district. The emcee this year is none other than Highline High Schools famous alumnus Peter Fewing.
For tickets, contact the Foundation Office at (206) 248-5196 or [email protected].
The proceeds from this luncheon support one of their major programs, classroom grants, which enrich the education experience for students.
The Gold Star Teacher of the Year will also be eligible to represent the District in the regionâ€™s Teacher of the Year contest.
Congrats to all the 2010 Gold Star Nominees:
- Carlyn Roedell, Bow Lake Elementary
- Lori Bento, Marvista Elementary
- Jeffrey Steen, Pacific Middle School
- Renee Gallagher, Odyssey
- Joan Johnston, Gregory Heights
- Dennis Storkson, Parkside Elementary
- Kevin Blaylock, Puget Sound Skills Center
- Nikhil Joshi, Aviation High School
- Jill Weseman, Global Connections High School
- Joanne Stevenson, North Hill Elementary
- Dena Sanchez, Cedarhurst Elementary
- Janie Marra, Woodside Campus
- Klara & Braxton Dunn, Gregory Heights Elementary
- Rick Harwood, Global Connections High School
- Linda Sutch, Hazel Valley/ERAC
- Kirsten Gunn, Highline High School
- Casie Fahiye, Academy of Citizenship and Empowerment
- Jeanne Stratton, Bow Lake Elementary
- Christopher Bookey, Technology Services/Southern Heights Elementary
- Janelle Hrisko, Midway Elementary
- Cheryl Jones, Midway Elementary
- Adriana Gonzalez, Midway Elementary
- Louise Faivre-Bavins, Midway Elementary
- Jennifer Fichamba, Evergreen Campus
- Jacqueline Faundez, Cedarhurst Elementary
- Stacie Huffman Lee, ECEAP
- Cynthia Gilbert, Health Sciences and Human Services High School
- Theda Hiranaka, Aviation High School
Here’s more info on the May 21st awards luncheon:
Simply titled “ten”, this year’s luncheon is May 21, 2010 at the Double Tree Guest Suites Hotel and will feature programs of HSFFE over the past ten years and the impact we’ve had on the district. The emcee this year is none other than Highline High Schools famous alumnus Peter Fewing.
Each year, four Gold Star Awards are presented to an outstanding teacher, administrator, classified employee or support staff and volunteer of Highline Public Schools. All members of the district and community are invited to nominate an outstanding individual. Winners receive a cash award and will be honored at the luncheon. The Gold Star Outstanding Teacher will also be eligible to represent the District in the region’s Teacher of the Year contest. The deadline for nominations is April 1, 2010.
The proceeds from this luncheon support one of our major programs, classroom grants, which enrich the education experience for our students. We look forward to partnering with you this year and hope to see you at the 10th Annual Gold Star Luncheon!
The Highline Schools Foundation for Excellence was established in 1999 with the purpose of providing community resources to help Highline Public Schools succeed. We believe that by helping to enrich the classroom and school experience, we can engage students to reach a higher level of learning, and the entire community will benefit. The Foundation is governed by a dedicated group of volunteer Trustees and is the only 501(c)(3) organization supporting all Highline Public Schools. The Foundation strives to be the single point of contact for community members, local and national business, service organizations and other foundations to connect their philanthropic efforts with a single school or the entire district.
Please see the links below for more information on becoming a sponsor at this years Gold Star or to download the Nomination form. For tickets, contact the Foundation Office at (206) 248-5196 or [email protected].