Burien "City Hall North" To Open May 3rd; Ribbon Cutting May 11th

On Monday, May 3rd, the City of Burien plans to open a branch office they’re calling “Burien City Hall North” in the newly annexed North Burien area at 11846 Des Moines Memorial Drive.

The new office will officially open on Monday, May 3rd and will have office hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 10 a.m. – noon.

North Burien residents will be able to get general City information at the office and pick up forms. Burien City Hall North will share the office with the Police Department’s North Burien branch office.

A ribbon-cutting ceremony for Burien City Hall North will be Tuesday, May 11, at 9:45 a.m. The public is invited.

The new office isn’t far from the Boulevard Park library branch, and is conveniently located near Wayne’s World Tavern:

View Larger Map

11 Responses to “Burien "City Hall North" To Open May 3rd; Ribbon Cutting May 11th”
  1. Lee Moyer says:

There must be more to the story. The city is opening a branch office that will be open twice a week for two hours. That is hardly convenient service. If there is really a problem (I don’t see it, and I live in the north area) it would probably be cheaper just to give a couple bucks for gas to each visitor from the north highline area to the downtown office.

• Diana Arney says:

Agree with Lee.

The first thing that popped in my head when I read this was, “Why?” I live in the N. Highline (newly annexed area) as well.

2. napavine says:

I think they have ribbons left over from some failed project ideas. So its like anything else, use it or lose it. “Cut the ribbons” but there will be no spending cuttings.

3. Jim Branson says:

How much does it cost to lease, staff, and maintain an office that is only open 4 hours a week?

• Coverofnight says:

Right on, Jim! Can you believe this folly? How tough is it for North area residents to drive (maybe 5 minutes?) to the new City Hall? What a WASTE of money! Are we just spitting into the wind or do our elected officials read this blog and see the dissatisfaction expressed over the City budget?

4. citizen says:

It is time to show up at a council meeting and share our thoughts with the City Council….I know they won’t listen …unless they think it’s their next PET project……maybe the wind will change and the spit will land elsewhere.

5. Cris says:

Before you grab you torches and pitchforks, try doing a little research first. Oh that’s right, that’s too much work.

Folks, the King County Sheriffs Office already has a storefront at that location, and the City of Burien is simply offering municpal services out of the SAME LOCATION.

This isn’t a new building, with a new lease, etc. Talk about jumping to conclusions.

Some of you amaze me…

6. Jay says:

7. Hello says:

I am glad to NOT be in Burien (yet). Still in North Highline unincorporated.
    I want to vote “YES” to join Seattle. When are we going to get to vote?

8. John says:

I’m glad I live in Burien. And glad I moved out of unincorporated otherwise I’d be making that same vote. But it wouldn’t be to join Seattle.