REMINDER: Fundraiser For Family Of Mick Kelly’s Manager Is Thursday
Just a reminder that there will be a benefit fundraiser this Thursday, May 6th at Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub for long-time manager Dermot Owens, whose son Shea died in a tragic car accident.
All proceeds from this benefit will go to the â€œLittle Shea Memorial Fund,â€ which has been set up to help the Owens family with funeral expenses and time off from work so they may mourn the loss of their son.
Shea was killed in a tragic accident when he was run over by Dermot’s own SUV at their home in Newcastle on April 16.
Thursday night’s benefit, which begins at 6pm, will include live music, an auction, raffle and more, with all proceeds going to help Dermot get through this incredibly difficult time.
If you can’t make it, there are other ways to help Dermot and his family out:
- Donate using PayPal: Click here to donate directly to the memorial fund online.
- Donate at any Key Bank to “The Little Shea Memorial Fund“.
To donate an item to the auction, we recommend calling Mick Kelly’s ASAP at (206) 246-2473.
You can also make a cash or check donation in person at:
- Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub & Restaurant in Burien
- Mick Kelly’s at Full Throttle Bar & Grill in Renton
- A Terrible Beauty Irish Pub in Renton
- The Celtic Swell Pub & Restaurant on Alki in West Seattle
Here’s a Photo Slideshow of a memorial set up shortly after the accident at Mick Kelly’s, taken by Scott Schaefer (be sure your speakers are turned on):