Hey Artists – Here’s Your Chance To Get Some $$ From The City Of Burien
The City of Burien has opened its application cycle for the 2011 Arts & Culture grant funding, with an available total estimated at $20,000.
Arts & Culture grant funding is available to “groups or organizations that provide arts and cultural enrichment to Burien and its residents,” according to a statement.
The deadline to apply is 4:30pm on Friday, July 30th.
Applications are available for download here:
You can also get an application by going to www.burienparks.net and clicking on “I Want To” on the upper left, then “Apply for a Grant.”
Another option is to contact Gina Kallman at 206-391-6605.
Here’s some language from the official guidelines doc (download here, PDF file):
Funding Priorities Applications that provide one or more of the following services will be prioritized for funding:
- Programs developed for or presented in the Burien community.
- Innovative and/or mixed-genre projects that bring new cultural experiences to Burien.
- Cultural education experiences for underserved and/or low-income youth.
Applicants may be individuals or non-profit organizations. Evidence of non-profit status for organizations will be required.
The proposed program and/or event must be held in Burien or serve a majority of Burien residents.
Only one application per individual/organization will be accepted per year.
There is no priority between each of the elements listed below nor is there a requirement to meet all criteria:
- Artistic and heritage merit and excellence.
- Collaborative programs or initiatives with other cultural organizations.
- Administrative capability and fiscal stability of the applicantâ€™s organization.
- Recruitment of underserved populations through special outreach and/or specialized promotional strategies.
- Participation in the Cityâ€™s cultural programs and/or events.
- Documented evaluation and measurement of previous yearâ€™s program grant objectives.
- Diversity of applicantâ€™s additional funding sources.
- Burien-based artists, heritage professionals, and cultural organizations.
- Prior grant recipients.
The deadline to apply is 4:30pm Friday, July 30th, and applications should be submitted to:
14700 6th Ave SW
Burien, WA 98166