Discover Burien Invites Local Businesses To “Come On In”
If you are one of over 1,000 businesses in Burien, you’ll be receiving a very special invitation via snail-mail and e-mail in the next few days. That invitation will be to join the Discover Burien Association (DB).
You must have heard of those guys? They’re the fine folks that have created all the events we have come to enjoy and expect in Burien. Events like the Farmers Market, the Father’s Day Car Show, Boo in Burien, the Art walks and more.
But Discover Burien is much more than events. They are a non-profit corporation working on economic development, business recruitment & retention, education, promotion and marketing of the Burien community. DB’s got an Executive Director, Steve Gilbert and is run by an executive committee of 12 elected members from the Discover Burien membership roster.
And speaking of marketing, the folks at DB have been busy working on creative and cost effective ways to attract customers into our city and your business. As a member you can enjoy compelling ways to market your business. Consider group advertising potentials that are targeted, focused and on point:
- Seeing your business promoted on the back of a bus with nine other advertisers moving back and forth 24/7 between Burien and West Seattle
- Sharing group commercials with three other advertisers running 60-80 times in a month
- Sharing a group page in the Highline Times six times a year with special group rates
As a member, you and your business will also enjoy a 10% discount on ad rates on The B-Town Blog. BTB is Burien’s #1 news and information outlet, with nearly 50,000 unique visitors per month. You can also enjoy a 20% discount off the Highline Times open display advertising rate, or a 10% discount on the Best of Burien quarterly coupon book.
Members will also receive:
- Discount on a Highline Athletic Club membership
- No Fee IRA from Cox Financial
- Web Site Presence and Links on Discover Burien website
- Free black and white ad in quarterly coupon books
- Access to Inventory of Banners for Sales and events
- Restaurant sampling at Burien Farmers Market
- Access of monthly DB newsletter to promote your business specials and events
Besides these marketing benefits, DB likes to party, with bi-monthly afterhours get-togethers at local Burien businesses. They also like to inform with morning seminars that you’ll find pertinent to growing and retaining your customer base. DB calls these events “Networking & Educational Programming.” You’ll call it fun and informative.
Discover Burien has just celebrated it’s eighth year in serving the Burien business community. Their members are an eclectic mix of individuals and businesses that want to see Burien thrive. In addition to actively working in the business community, they also work as a liaison between businesses and city hall to streamline issues.
You can join the old-fashioned way by filling out the bright gold application that the mailman delivers to you, or you can click here to download the application (PDF file).
They say that membership has its’ privileges. Well, in the case of a Discover Burien membership, it also has it’s benefits. Become a member today!
Discover Burien’s office is located at 620 SW 150th across from the post office. If you want to talk to Steve or one of his volunteers, it’s 206-433-2882.