Olde Burien’s Free Annual Summer Block Party Is Saturday, July 17th
Olde Burien’s annual Block Party is this Saturday, July 17th, from Noon – Midnight, with tons of FREE summer fun, including ice cream and sausage eating contests, live music, a fashion show and a drawing for a $500 shopping spree.
The festivities are the Olde Burien Retail Group’s thank you to customers and community for their support.
Among the party’s diversions, get the skinny on the hottest apparel with a fashion show at 2 p.m. Test those scarfing skills against other competitors in ice cream-eating and sausage-eating contests at 4 p.m.
From Noon to 10 p.m., live tunes range from Motown to hard rock. Sit back and enjoy with a meal or a drink in extended outdoors seating of Olde Burien eateries.
Don’t forgot to shop or eat in Olde Burien on July 17. Event-goers who make purchases at participating businesses that day will be entered into a drawing for a $500 Olde Burien shopping spree. It’s the perfect time to stock up on the distinctive merchandise of Olde Burien shops and take advantage of extraordinary store specials.
The street party’s entertainment schedule is:
- 12-1 p.m. – Greg Parke (easy listening acoustic & electric guitar)
- 1:30-2 p.m. – Guest Band
- 2-2:30 p.m. – Fashion Show
- 3-4 p.m. – The Blame (rock & roll)
- 4-4:30 p.m. – Ice Cream and Sausage Eating Contest
- 4:30-5:30 p.m. – Seatown R & B Players (R & B, Motown)
- 6-7 p.m. – The Evin Rudes (‘70s & ‘80s top forty)
- 7:30-8:30 p.m.- Uncle Ernie (rock & roll)
- 8:30 p.m. – Grand Prize Drawing for $500 Olde Burien Shopping Spree
- 9-10 p.m. – The Burien City Ballbangers (hard rock)
Sponsoring the event are Burien Auto Row and the Mark Restaurant & Bar.
Find the party in Olde Burien on SW 152nd between Ambaum Blvd. SW and 10 Ave SW, which will close to vehicular traffic at 9 a.m.
For more information, call (206) 941-7199 or go online to www.shopoldeburien.com.