Save $100 With Special B-Town Blog Discount At Chamber’s Golf Tournament
The B-Town Blog is proud to announce that we’ve twisted the (non-golfing) arms of our friends at the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce, and if you mention The B-Town Blog, you can save $100 on the cost of a foursome at their upcoming Get-Away Golf Tournament on Thursday, July 29th.
This is the chamber’s annual big fundraiser, and will include networking, amazing food, great raffle prizes, excellent golfing (duh) and FREE BEER from BTB Advertiser Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub all day.
The dealio usually costs $600 for a foursome, but if you mention The B-Town Blog, they’ll knock $100 off, making the final price just $500 – that’s just $125 per golfer, a savings of nearly 17%. This is such a deal that you may want to just find three other strangers on the street to start your own foursome (actually, if you can’t come up with your own foursome, they’ll put you in one!).
And, according to the SWKCC folks, you don’t have to even be a golfer to have fun at this event – it’s a fundraiser after all, and all proceeds go right into the chamber’s coffers so they can continue to fund the good work they do for local businesses. Chamber membership is also not a requirement for participation.
The tournament will be on Thursday, July 29th at Rainier Golf & County Club, a private course located at 11133 Des Moines Memorial Drive South in Seattle, and here’s the schedule:
- 10:30 am: Your day begins with a hearty BBQ lunch on the veranda
- 12:00 pm: Shotgun start and scramble
- 4:30, 5:00 pm: After completing the 18-hole course, golfers and guests will convene in the club house for lavish hors d’oeuvres and a fabulous awards reception with exciting raffle prizes!
Other Items Worthy of Note:
- Did we mention ALL DAY FREE BEER from Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub!
- Raffle Tickets: One for $5, three for $10, and ten for $20!
- Golfer Value Pack: Golfers can purchase a gift pack of a mulligan, putting green pass, raffle ticket and duck for only $15 (a $20 value)!
- Luxurious Raffle Prizes: Mariners tickets, wine, hotel and restaurant gift certificates, movie tickets, Flowers from Marine View Florist, Bloody Mary gift basket, Margarita gift basket, Autographed copy of Bill Gates Sr.’s new book, Gift Certificate from Eat Local and more!
- Duck Drive Contest (Sponsored by DAWN): Whack a rubber ducky as far as you can onto the green. The winning player whose ducky travels the farthest gets half the cash pot!
- Hole In One Contest (Sponsored by Interurban Chiropractic Center): Hit a hole in one and win $10,000! Athletic prowess can pay off!
- Putting Contest (Sponsored by Normandy Park Senior Living): Another chance to win half the cash pot!
- Golf Tournament 1st Place Prize: Each member of the foursome will receive a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant, a $50 gift certificate to the Rainier Golf & Country Club Pro Shop, and the perpetual trophy with your name on it and display rights until the 2011 Golf Tournament.
- Golf Tournament 2nd Place Prize: Each member of the foursome will receive a $50 gift certificate to a local restaurant.
- Longest Drive Prize: The player with the longest drive wins a driver!
- Closest to the Pin Prize: The player who hits closest to the pin wins a putter!
Committee Chair and Chamber Chair of the Board Carol Kolson of HomeStreet Bank said, “The Southwest King County Chamber Annual Get-Away Golf Tournament is by far one of the best tournaments in the area. It’s a unique opportunity to play at a private club and we are overwhelmed by the phenomenal response of new and returning sponsors.”
- Single golfer cost is $150 (includes BBQ lunch, 18 holes of golf with golf cart, reception and tee prize).
- Foursome cost is $600 $500 (includes BBQ lunch for four, 18 holes of golf with golf cart, reception and tee prize).
- Corporate foursome cost is $660 (includes BBQ lunch for four, 18 holes of golf with golf cart, reception and tee prize – plus recognition in publications and name in program).
Cost for a ticket to just the reception is $40 (that’s right – you can just go to the reception if you want).
In order to qualify for this special deal, you must call the Chamber office at (206) 575-1633 and mention The B-Town Blog. If no one is available, please leave a message and they will return your call and get you registered.
Since 1989, the mission of the Southwest King County Chamber has been to be a leader in the business communities it serves – Burien, SeaTac, Tukwila and Des Moines. The Chamber provides business advocacy, outreach and networking opportunities. It is a vital force in promoting local business success and acting as a liaison between the cities and business community.
This event is made possible through the generosity of the chamber’s major sponsors, including:
- Baker Commodities
- Highline Community College
- HomeStreet Bank
[Would you like to have a Blogvertorial story, Ad and/or Event Listing like this on a popular, fast-growing website seen by over 80,000 interested Local Readers every month? Email us for more info, or check out our Advertise page!]