Business Recycling Collection Event Is Thursday, July 29th
A Business Recycling Collection Event is planned for Thursday, July 29th from 11am – 4pm at the Criminal Justice Training Center, located at 19010 First Ave South.
The event is sponsored by the cities of Burien, Des Moines and Normandy Park.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Business Recycling Collection Event.
WHEN: Thursday, July 29, 2010 11am – 4pm.
WHERE: WA State Criminal Justice Training Center, 19010 – 1st Ave South.
COST: There will be fees for computer monitors, TV sets, appliances.
INFO: More details available here, or contact Shanta Frantz at 206-938-8262.
From a flier:
- Cardboard ~ non-waxed or coated, flattened CDs, Floppy Disks, Video Tapes ~ please remove paper or plastic covers
- Cellular Phones ~ phones, batteries, chargers, adapters
- Computers & Components ~ hard drives, monitors ($10 fee-cash only), keyboards, printers, mice.
- Plastics ~ grocery bags, stretch wrap, film, bubble wrap, shrink wrap, garment bags
- Scrap Metal ~ chairs, desks, file cabinets, refrigerators/freezers/cfc units ($25 fee-cash only), telephones, fax machines, type writers, adding machines, copiers, other ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Sealed tanks and drums and metals that are insulated, rubbercoated, contain chemicals, paint, or hazardous materials will not be accepted.
- Toner and Printer Cartridges
- TVSets~TV sets with 36-inch or smaller screens and encased in plastic ($20 fee-cash only). TV sets with larger than 36 inch screens, wood console, sets encased in wood, and big screen TV sets – ($25 fee-cash only).
- Projection TV sets ($30 fee-cash only).
- Wood Pallets and Clean, Untreated Scrap Wood
PLEASE NOTE: Fluorescent lights, tubes, bulbs, and incandescent lights will not be accepted.
Please visit the King County http://www.takeitbacknetwork.org/ for a drop location near you.
Questions? Call (206) 938-8262
Note: Only the types of materials listed above will be collected. No hazardous waste will be accepted. Visit www.lhwmp.org if you need assistance with hazardous materials disposal.
The Local Hazardous Waste Program is conducting a small business hazardous waste disposal pilot project for 2010. Qualifying small businesses can dispose of limited quantities of hazardous wastes at Seattle and King County household hazardous waste facilities. This pilot program is offered at no additional cost to eligible small quantity hazardous waste generators (SQGs) in King County. This is an excellent opportunity for SQG businesses to dispose of their stock pile of hazardous materials. Further information is available at www.lhwmp.org or contact the business waste line at 206-263-8899.