After a Year’s Wait, Car Pros Will Open Burien Nissan in August

by Ralph Nichols

Business on Burien’s auto row along 1st Ave. S. is about to get busier again. And this new commercial activity should give the city a welcome economic boost. Burien Nissan, which has been closed since spring 2009, will reopen with a new owner next month.

“I hope before mid-August,” Ken Phillips, president of Tacoma-based Car Pros Automotive Group, told the B-Town Blog on July 26.

The dealership will offer a full line of new Nissan models, exclusively, and will also sell used cars and have parts and service departments.

“We’re working very hard to try to get this done,” Phillips said. “We’re excited to get in. This is our home. We’re happy to be here.”

Car Pros wanted to assume ownership last year, but was unable to proceed because of unresolved issues beyond its control with the dealership property on 1st Ave. S. just south of S. 160th St.

After those issues were resolved, Car Pros was contacted by Nissan “about six weeks to two months ago,” Phillips said. “They were about ready to do something here and wanted to know, were we still interested? And we told them, of course we are.”

For Phillips, taking ownership of Burien Nissan is something of a homecoming. “My kids grew up here,” he said. “We had the same house in Normandy Park for 30 years. Both my kids graduated from Mt. Rainier High School. And I had my cancer surgery at Highline Medical Center. (He is now cancer free.) This is like home for us.”

Car Pros owns several Puget Sound-area auto dealerships and another in Carson, Calif., selling Hundai, Kia, Suzuki, Chrysler and Jeep models.

Comments

8 Responses to “After a Year’s Wait, Car Pros Will Open Burien Nissan in August”
  1. Greg Duff says:

I, for one, would like to welcome Car Pros to Burien. Auto row is important to the economy of our city. Car Pros is a reputable dealership and will do well if the citizens of Burien support local businesses. I hope this is just a start of auto dealers returning to our area.

• Eric Hill says:

I am disgusted to hear that Car Pro’s and Ken Phillips is opening another store. He is the biggest shark out there. We bought a lemon from them and they would do NOTHING to help us! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! SCAMERS!!!!

• Rose Fortune says:

On Behalf of Car Pros Automotive, I sincerely apologize that you had such a negative experience. While I will not get into specifics, as we respect your privacy, your expressed portrayal of events is defiantly not representative of Car Pros’ way of doing business. At Car Pros, we strive to consistently provide quality service and sales at low cost while maintaining the highest level of ongoing customer satisfaction. Car Pros also has an open door policy to allow customers to express their concerns so that we may address them swiftly and efficiently.

We invite you to contact your Customer Care Representative, Maria, directly at 206-812-5902 or via email at [email protected] or our CFO, Matthew Phillips at (206) 812-5911 or via email at [email protected]

• Rose Fortune says:

Thank you for your vote of confidence.

FYI: Car Pros Nissan’s service department will offer: Competitive Pricing – the same low prices offered by independent mechanics and quick lube franchises, State of the Art Equipment and Facilities, Convenient Appointments, Complimentary Shuttle Service, After Hours Drop-Box, Convenience, Convenience, Convenience, Free WiFi in Lounge, Service Loaners Available, Factory Trained Technicians Expansive Selection of Vending Options, Genuine Nissan Parts, Guaranteed by Nissan

Yes, I am bias in that I work for Car Pros; however, I am also a customer. I have my car serviced at the Car Pros Kia/Suzuki service department on 72nd and South Tacoma Way–even though I’m still driving a Nissan–yes, Car Pros services other makes too. I can say firsthand that Car Pros, a family owned and involved dealership, treats its customers and employees with equal respect. From the owner to the lot porters, Car Pros people will greet you with a smile, listen to your transportation needs, and make sure you get assisted. Additionally, Car Pros strives to consistently provide quality service and sales at low cost while maintaining the highest level of ongoing customer satisfaction. Car Pros also has an open door policy to allow customers to express their concerns so that they may be addressed swiftly and efficiently. If you yourself have any transportation needs, you can contact any Customer Care Representative at 253-830-2801 or visit us online at http://www.carpros.com.

• TcB says:

So I think one of the previous questions was, if I purchased a Nissan at the previous dealership, can I get a special deal on my oil changes? It might help me decide on future purchases… ; )

• CoverOfLight says:

I, for one, prefer to welcome our new robot overlords.

2. The Discover Burien Association would like to welcome Car Pros to Burien. Please let us know how we may assist you in becoming part of a great community.

Having the dealership open again will be very good for Burien – both from an economic standpoint and a psychological one. Having the Nissan dealership back up and running is a very good sign that the economy is turning towards the positive.

Burien Auto Dealers have a long tradition of supporting the Burien community in many ways. I am certain that the Car Pros people will continue with that tradition.

Cheers…Steve Gilbert, Executive Director
    Discover Burien

3. Bobby Lynn says:

Welcome to the neighborhood Ken and staff. I have worked for the Anderson family (Burien Toyota and Burien Chevrolet) for the last 20 years and was saddened to see some of the local dealerships go away. We need other quality dealers in Burien so we can all serve our wonderful community. Good luck and good selling.