Arts-A-Glow Festival Schedule Announced; BTB Editor Will Emcee
The schedule for Burien’s annual Arts-A-Glow Festival, scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 18th from 5pm – 10pm at Town Square Park, has been released.
We’re proud to say that we’ll be there – in fact, Publisher/Editor Scott Schaefer will be serving as Emcee for the night – so we encourage everyone to mark their calendars for this fun, enlightening, artistic evening.
Here’s the full Schedule of Events:
- Lantern Making—Kids Day, Saturday, September 18th, 10am-3pm: Find the FREE lantern booth at Kids Day at the Burien Fire Station and make a lantern for the lantern festival! www.BurienFire.org
- Burien Art Walk—Downtown Burien, Sat, Sept 18, 4:00-8:00pm: Wander downtown Burien and find art in the shops. Sponsored by Discover Burien. www.DiscoverBurien.com
- THE GLOW! Saturday, Sept 18th, 5-10pm, Burien Town Square Park:
- 5:00-6ish: Harp by Jini O’Flynn
- 5:00-7:30: Magical Face Painting & Lantern Creation Station
- 6:15-7:00: Normandy Park Youth Orchestra
- 7:00-8:00: Boys of Greenwood Glen
- 7:00-9:00: Stilt walking by Cabiri, Dancing by Abyssinian Dance
- 8:00-10:00: Yellow Hat Band
- 8:30-9ish: Lantern Performers
- Lantern Procession at Dusk (8:00ish): Join the fun! Come early and make a lantern, or bring one from home! We encourage the use of glow sticks and LED’s. Glow sticks will be available at the information booth by donation.
- Free tea by Phoenix Tea & bread from Grand Central Bakery. Treats for sale by Australian Pie Company & Burien Press!
- Event is rain or shine. Schedule may change.
- For up to date information: www.burienwa.gov/GLOW
- The Arts-A-Glow festival, including the exhibition of illuminated sculpture and performance, is made possible with the support of the City of Burien, 4 Culture and Phoenix Tea.