Burien/Normandy Park Fire Department Kids’ Day Is Saturday, Sept. 18th
The Burien/Normandy Park Fire Department will be hosting “Kids’ Day,” their annual open-house event on Saturday, Sept. 18th, from 10am – 3pm.
In addition to a full day of FREE, fun and informative events, there will also be low-cost helmets for anyone over the age of 1 for sale for just $7 by Safe Kids King County South. These will be custom fit by Highline Medical Center staff, and wearer must be present.
This is a great way to also meet your local firefighters, so mark your calendars now.
During the event, there will be a wide range of activities, including:
- Learn about safety
- Climb aboard a fire engine
- Play games
- Watch Demonstrations of emergency automobile extrication and high-angle rope rescue
- Practice escaping from a burning house (simulated)
- Spot the tot and hyperthermia (overheating) demonstrations from Safe Kids King County South
- Squirt a fire hose
- Answer questions for prizes
- Hunt for candy
- See a helicopter land
- Make crafts
- Bring your camera
Balloons, fire hats, and safety information will also be handed out.
Here are the details:
WHAT: Annual Burien/Normandy Park Fire Department Kids’ Day.
WHEN: 10am – 3pm on Saturday, Sept. 18th.
WHERE: Fire Station #28 located at 15100 8th Ave. S.W. Burien, WA 98166.
INFO: For more information call Station 28 at (206) 242-2040.