Burien Little Theatre Auditioning For Readings Of “A Christmas Story” Sept. 16
Our friends at Burien Little Theatre are holding auditions for readings of the holiday classic “A Christmas Story” (“You’ll put your eye out!”), written by Philip Grecian, on Thursday, Sept. 16th, from 7pm – 9:30pm.
This production is based on the classic film of the same name, and according to a press release:
“All of the elements from the beloved motion picture are here, including the family’s temperamental exploding furnace; Scut Farkas, the school bully; the Little Orphan Annie decoder pin; Ralphie’s father winning a lamp shaped like a woman’s leg in a net stocking; Ralphie’s fantasy scenarios, and more.”
Here are the details:
- Actors are sought who can play women’s roles ranging in age from 9 to 50, as well as men’s roles ranging in age from 9 to 50.
- Some actors will read multiple roles.
- You don’t have to be these ages to read the roles, but we prefer actors age 11 and older.
- The time commitment is minimal as two to three rehearsals are planned, and there will three readings.
- The show will be Directed by Rochelle Flynn.
- Public reading at Burien Little Theatre:
- Saturdays Nov. 27 and Dec. 11 at 3 p.m., which are the first and third Saturdays of Burien Little Theatre’s holiday production of “Martha, Josie and the Chinese Elvis.” Possible nursing home reading on Saturday, Dec. 4.
- Auditions will consist of cold reading from the script on Thursday, Sept. 16 from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
- Make audition appointment or just show up. For appointment, contact email@example.com or call 206-242-5180. Please also bring resume and headshot if available.
- Auditions will be at the Burien Community Center Annex, Room 11, located at the intersection of S.W. 146th St. and 4th Ave. S.W. in Burien. For directions, go to www.burienlittletheatre.org.
Humorist Jean Shepherd’s very funny memoir of growing up in the Midwest in the 1940s. The story follows 9-year-old Ralphie Parker in his quest to get a genuine Red Ryder BB gun under the tree for Christmas. Ralphie pleads his case to his mother, his teacher and even the Santa Claus at Goldblatt’s Department Store. The consistent response: “You’ll shoot your eye out.” All of the elements from the beloved motion picture are here, including the family’s temperamental exploding furnace; Scut Farkas, the school bully; the Little Orphan Annie decoder pin; Ralphie’s father winning a lamp shaped like a woman’s leg in a net stocking; Ralphie’s fantasy scenarios, and more.
Here’s the Character List:
- Ralph – the central character as an adult, is the narrator. Also plays the Cowboy, Tree Lot Owner, Delivery Man, Voice of a Neighbor.
- Ralphie Parker – the central character at 9 years old.
- Mother – Ralphie’s mother.
- The Old Man – Ralphie’s father. Also plays Santa Claus.
- Randy – Ralphie’s little brother.
- Miss Shields – Ralphie’s teacher. Also Schwartz’ mother.
- Flick – Ralphie’s friend and classmate. Also plays Desperado One.
- Schwartz – Ralphie’s friend and classmate. Also plays Desperado Two.
- Esther Jane Alberry – Ralphie’s classmate.
- Helen Weathers – Ralphie’s classmate.
- Scut Farkas – A bully. Also plays Black Bart.