REMINDER: Hospitality House “Walk To Stomp Out Homelessness” Is Sept. 25th
We’d like to remind our Readers that on Saturday, Sept. 25th, Burien’s Hospitality House will be holding its annual “Walk to Stomp out Homelessness,” its annual major fundraiser, and there’s still time to register and help.
The walk, which starts at 10am, is a lively two miles through the heart of Burien to benefit Homeless women in South King County. Hospitality House is a 9-bed shelter for homeless women located in Burien. Its mission is to help women find Home, Health and Hope. Each year they “graduate” approximately 80 women from a comprehensive 90-day program designed to help residents find employment, improve their life skills, and secure a safe, affordable place to call home.
It will start and end in the same location as Discover Burien’s Octoberfest, so it’ll be a great way to start your weekend, as there will be food, music, a beer garden and carnival going on as well.
Cost is $20 if you register before Sept. 21st, and $25 afterward or on the day of the event. Walk-up registration starts at 9:30am on Saturday, Sept. 25th at the Hospitality House table near SW 152nd at Burien Town Square; if you have sponsors, bring your completed sponsor form and money to the registration table before the walk.
In addition to helping a great, local cause (Hospitality House helps local homeless women), there will be prizes for top money-raisers, so get going now!
Here’s more info:
1. Pre-registration fee is $20 before September 21st. Same Day fee is $25.
2. Registration starts at 9:30 a.m. September 25th at the Hospitality House table near SW 152nd at Burien Town Square. If you have sponsors, bring your completed sponsor form and money to the registration table before the walk.
3. Get your route map and list of Sponsors from the registration table, take time to stretch and warm up.
4. Walk starts at 10 a.m.
5. Return to the stage after the walk to see if you win one of the numerous prizes. Top money raisers can select their choice of prizes.
6. If you cannot participate but would like to help Hospitality House, please charge through Paypal on our Website
Site at: www.hospitalityhousesouthking.org
or mail your check to:
Attn: 152nd Street Walk,
15003 14th SW
Burien WA 98166
Multiply your efforts by asking friends, family, neighbors & co workers to sponsor you with donations made to Hospitality House in your name. List them on the second/reverse page. Prizes for the top money raisers.
Hospitality House is a 9-bed shelter for homeless women in South King County. Founded in October 2000 by 12 sponsoring churches. Our mission is to help women find Home Health and Hope Each year we (graduate) approximately 80 women from a comprehensive 90 day program designed to help residence find employment, improve their life skills , and secure a safe affordable place to call home.
How is your donated dollar spent?
- $25 Registration fee will stock the refrigerator of Hospitality House with sandwich makings for one day.
- $65 pays for one night of shelter. $250. sponsorship pays the monthly phone bill.
- $500 Sees a residence through a two week stay
- $2000 Sponsors a resident for the entire 12 week program, preparing them for a secure and stable life.
How many have been helped?
Since 2000 more than 400 women, ages 18 to 58, have received the services of Hospitality House.
To register, click here to download a PDF of the registration brochure, which is filled with information as well as your chance to start obtaining sponsors. For early registration, click here for a PDF form.
To learn more about Hospitality House, check out this video:
According to their website:
Since we first opened our doors in 2000, Hospitality House has helped hundreds of homeless women get their groove back.
Most years, we graduate about 70 women from our program, successfully moving them on to stable housing of their own.
More than that, we give them the hope they need to take positive steps towards independence.
For more information on Hospitality House, check out their website here.
This year’s walk is sponsored by:
- Exchange Club of Highline
- Group Health Cooperative
- H & R Block – Burien
- Burien Chevrolet
- Burien Toyota
- Goldbloom Advisory
- EdwardJones/Steve Johnson
- Air-Wave Express
- Hiline Frame & Wheel Alignment
- Northwest Aire Services