PHOTO: The Carnival Comes To Burien Town Square, Starts Thursday
As part of the city’s Octoberfest, carnival rides have been set up by Davis Rides near Burien Town Square, and the fun begins tomorrow (Thursday, Sept. 23rd) and continues through Sunday (Sept. 26th).
On Thursday only, you can buy an armband for $23 that will get you a second one for free, and let you ride all day long.
The festivities will also include a beer and wine garden along with an abundance of activities for young and old.
Festival offerings will range from live rhythm and blues music to Burien’s only full carnival, a benefit walk to aid homeless women at Hospitality House (read details here), and 40-plus booths of food, arts and crafts.
Here are more details:
- On Thursday only, you can buy an armband for $23, good for unlimited rides all day and get a second armband free.
- The carnival’s rides and games continue through Sunday, Sept. 26th, and close each day when attendance gets too thin.
- By Saturday, Sept. 25th, Octoberfest kicks into high gear with the addition of entertainment onstage, a beer and wine garden, and vendor booths.
- There will be an outdoor beer and wine garden on the festival’s grounds, which will feature Octoberfest beers brewed by Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub.
- All proceeds from the beer and wine garden, operated by Elliott Bay Brewhouse & Pub and the Mark Restaurant & Bar, will go to the non-profit Discover Burien Association, which works on the economic development and marketing of the city.
- There will be over 40 booths selling unique arts and crafts plus typical festival eatables such as roasted corn and hot dogs. Some vendors from the Burien Farmers Market will also be on hand.
- On Saturday morning there will be a two-mile “Walk to Stomp Out Homelessness” to help Hospitality House’s shelter for homeless women, located in Burien. Register for the ninth annual Walk for Women at 9 a.m. Sept. 25 for $25 at Southwest 152nd Street and Fifth Place Southwest at Burien Town Square. The walk starts at 10 a.m. Dogs on a leash are welcome. Afterward there will be a prize drawing for walkers who raise the most money through sponsorships. For sponsorship forms, go online to www.hospitalityhousesouthking.org.
On the Octoberfest stage lineup are:
Saturday, Sept. 25:
- 2-6 p.m. – Choyce (classic rock and roll)
- 6-10 p.m. – The Just Us Band (R&B plus 1950s and 1960s rock)
Sunday, Sept. 26:
- Noon-2 p.m. – A noted jazz musician TBA
- 2-6 p.m. – The KJR All Americans (R&B plus 1960s and 1970s rock)
For more information, call (206) 941-7199 or go online to www.discoverburien.com.