Environmental Science Center Announces Earth Day Art Contest For Kids
Burien’s Environmental Science Center (ESC) is holding its first annual Earth Day Art Contest, and they’re seeking two-dimensional artworks from kids, ages 5 to 13.
Artworks must “celebrate the earth” as well as showcase creativity, and the deadline for entries is Friday, Dec. 3rd.
Here are the rules:
- Create a painting, drawing, collage, or any other two-dimensional work of art that is an artistic celebration of Earth Day (Friday, April 22, 2011).
- Students must be 5-13 yeas of age and can submit only one entry.
- Work must be created by the student.
- Deadline for submission is Friday, December 3, 2010.
Winners will be announced in December 2010. Artworks will be returned in 2011.
- Three winners will be chosen by an official jury of ESC staff and local city art commissioners. Judging criteria includes artistic merit, originality and creative expression. ESC shall have permission to use winning artworks for promotional, educational and awareness purposes.
- Winners will have their artworks featured on the ESC website and will receive a selection of prizes such as art supplies, a gift certificate to GameStop, and memberships/tickets to the Seattle Aquarium, Woodland Park Zoo and the Bug Safari.
The Grand Prize Winner will be the featured artist at ESC’s annual Earth Day celebration on Friday April 22, 2011. The artist and his or her parent(s) will be invited to the Earth Day celebration as ESC’s guests of honor. This winner’s artwork will also be featured on ESC’s invitations to promote its annual Earth Day celebration.
How to participate:
- Contact ESC Program Manager, Miriam Castro at [email protected] or call 206-248-4266 for more details and an application form.
For more information about the Environmental Science Center visit: