ELECTION UPDATE: Fitzgibbon, McDermott Still Winning
UPDATE 11/3/10: Here are Wednesday’s (Nov. 3rd), King County Elections returns for Tuesday night’s general election:
Keep in mind that these are still preliminary results, and the final, certified tally won’t be released until Nov. 23rd.
In the State Rep., District 34, Position #2 race, with 39.35% of ballots counted, early returns show Joe Fitzgibbon stretching his lead from 54.8% to over 55%:
- Joe Fitzgibbon (Prefers Democratic Party): 13,664 • 55.13%%
- Mike Heavey (Prefers Democratic Party): 10,831 • 43.70%
- Write-in: 288 • 1.16%
In the King County Council race, with 37.98% of ballots counted, Joe McDermott looks like a winner with 67.84%:
- Joe McDermott: 24,032 • 67.84%
- Diana Toledo: 11,268 • 31.81%
- Write-in: 122 • 0.34%
For the 9th Congressional race, Adam Smith leads Dick Muri by a margin of nearly 59% to 41%:
- Adam Smith (Prefers Democratic Party): 34,028 • 53.92%
- Richard (Dick) Muri (Prefers Republican Party): 23,954 • 41.24%
In the King County Judge, Position No. 2 race, challenger Susan Mahoney has a commanding lead of 69.82% over the controversial Judge Judith Eiler:
- Susan Mahoney: 25,815 • 69.82%
- Judith R. Eiler: 10,965 • 29.65%
- Write-in: 196 • 0.53%
Results can change of course depending on which areas get counted when, and we’ll be posting updates as they are released by the county.
And Patty Murray is still ahead of Dino Rossi:
United States Senator:
- Patty Murray (Prefers Democratic Party): 801,188 • 50.79%
- Dino Rossi (Prefers Republican Party): 776,324 • 49.21%
County officials are estimating a total election return of about 720,000 ballots, or 68% of registered voters, and the numbers coming in are consistent with expectations.
To see other results, check out the King County Elections Results page here.
If you have yet to mail your ballot in, you can still drop it off until midnight tonight at the Riverton Heights Post Office (located at 15250 32nd Avenue South Seatac, WA 98188-9996 – (206) 241-7061).