Burien Residents Can Recycle Used Cooking Oil This Holiday Season
Waste Management will be recycling used cooking oil this holiday season, with the intent on turning it into “clean, green biodiesel.”
According to a flier:
For residents of Burien, the solution is simple: Recycle it for free at a local drop- off station.
From Nov. 17 to Jan. 19, Waste Management and General Biodiesel, along with the City of Burien, are offering free, cooking oil drop off stations at two convenient Burien locations:
- Burien Municipal Parking Lot – 634 SW 151st Street, 8am to 5pm, M-F
- City Hall North – 11846 Des Moines Memorial Drive South, 8am to 5pm, M-F
Tips for transporting used cooking oil:
- Please store your cool, used cooking oil in a clear, plastic jug with a secure lid
- You will pour used cooking oil into a large collection container at the drop-off site, so please use a container that will allow for easy pouring
- Only used cooking oil will be accepted at the collection containers
For more information on how to recycle other liquids, like paint and motor oil, please visit: www.kingcounty.gov/whatdoIdowith.