The Sacred Music Chorale  will be performing its annual Christmas program “Love’s Pure Light,” this year at 7:30pm on Friday, Dec. 10th at the Boulevard Park Presbyterian Church, located at 822 South 128th Street.
The program will also play on Saturday, Dec. 11th in Lynnwood, and on Sunday, Dec. 12 in Tacoma (see more details here ).
General admission tickets are $15 per person, or $13 for seniors and students. Children and young adults 17 and under are admitted free.
Tickets are available online from Brown Paper Tickets , and will also be available for sale at the door.
This year, their repertoire will include:
- African Noel, Andre Thomas
- O Come, O Come, Emmanuel! arranged by Jay Rouse
- O Magnum Mysterium, Morten Lauridsen
- Mary, Mary, Avery & Marsh
- El Rorro arranged by Jeffrey Van
- Go, Tell It on the Mountain! arranged by John Rutter
- Carol of the Drum, Katherine Davis
- I Saw Three Ships arranged by John Rutter
- Candlelight Carol, John Rutter
- Shepherd’s Pipe Carol, John Rutter
- Away in a Manger, W. J. Kirkpatrick
- Whisper! Whisper! Jay Althouse
- Christmas Day, Gustav Holst
- What Sweeter Music, Eleanor Daley
- Do You Hear What I Hear? Regney & Shane
- A Musicological Journey Through the Twelve Days of Christmas, Craig Courteney
- Rise Up, Shepherd arranged by Philip Kern
- Silent Night arranged by Michael Sharp
WHAT: Sacred Music Choral’s “Love’s Pure Light” Christmas Concert.
WHEN: Friday, Dec. 10th at 7:30pm.
WHERE: Boulevard Park Presbyterian Church?, located at 822 S 128th St, Burien 98168
- From Highway 509: Take exit at S 128th Street and go east 0.8 mile. Church is on left shortly after crossing Des Moines Memorial Drive. Parking lot is just beyond the church.
- From I-5 North: Take Corson Avenue/Michigan Street exit. Turn right on Michigan Street & follow signs to Highway 99 south. After 0.6 mile, ignore Hwy 99/S Marginal Way exits, and continue straight onto Highway 509. Follow directions above.
- From I-5 South: Take exit 154B to Hwy 518 West. Turn right on Rte 509 and follow directions above to the church.
INFO: From their website:
Founded in 1999, the Sacred Music Chorale’s mission is to provide singers the opportunity to sing the great music of the Christian Church, and to give the gift of that music to our listeners.
The Chorale consists of members from all over the Puget Sound region. We present concerts twice yearly in the Seattle area, before Christmas and in the early spring. See our Concerts page  for the latest dates, times, and locations.
The Sacred Music Chorale is artist-in-residence at Trinity Parish Church, Episcopal  in Seattle.
Facebook Twitter Subscribe