New Ross Dress For Less To Open In Former Office Depot Spot

According to the packet for Monday’s Burien City Council meeting (Dec. 13th), a new Ross “Dress For Less” department store will be opening soon at the space formerly occupied by Office Depot at 15716 1st Ave South, and will open sometime after the first of the year.

“Ross Department Store has been in contact with the City’s permit staff and is expected to submit for a building permit,” reads a statement in the packet. “They will be making modifications to the tenant space previously occupied by Office Depot at 15716 1st Ave S. and will open sometime after the first of the year.”

We’ve heard this rumor for a while, but haven’t reported anything because we’ve not heard any confirmation until now.

Currently, the nearest Ross store is located in Tukwila at 17672 Southcenter Parkway.

Comments

15 Responses to “New Ross Dress For Less To Open In Former Office Depot Spot”
  1. ED Dacy says:

This is GREAT NEWS

2. Greg Duff says:

It is great to see a new business coming to Burien. I believe Burien needs to make it as easy as possible to open new businesses in our town. I would also like to see Auto Row come back strong.
    Shop local, eat local and make our town a great place to live.

• Greg Duff says:

Just a side note. The closed gas station at 146th and 1st Ave. South is now a 7-11 with a Shell Gas Station. Welcome to the community.

3. TcB says:

will probably do well in a difficult retail space. Will probably help the other stores in that strip mall

4. Christine says:

Yippee!!

5. New to Burien says:

I know a lot of people are not fans of Chuck E Cheese, but I would love to see one in Burien. The closest ones are in Tacoma or Kent. The old Party City location would be GREAT!

6. Liljo says:

Yay! It’s about time we got some decent retail in Burien. I hate going to Southcenter! How about a Nordy’s Rack??

7. Judy LiCastro says:

I would love to see the city of Burien welcome more big box stores to bring shoppers to the area, the overflow would be good for the small boutique stores that Burien has so many of. Let’s stop sending all the tax revenue and jobs to Tukwila. It seems to me that is sorely needed in Burien. I,m excited that we have a Ross Dress for Less coming. That is a small start but a start none the less. How about a real hardware store where you could actually buy building materials or a variety of good restaurants. Burien is ripe for this and every time a new viable business opens people have embraced them. Burien could be so much better and I’m tired of driving to Tukwia or Federal Way for everything !!!

• Toland says:

Burien, in need of a variety of good restaurants?!?!?
      Burien is FULL of great restaurants. I would much rather support a locally owned restaurant than some horrible chain like Chili’s or Applebees.

• Coverofnight says:

I agree, Judy. Wouldn’t mind seeing a Lowe’s or Home Depot in the area – they stay open later and have decent prices for items one might need on short notice. Dunn Lumber has the best selection and quality when it comes to lumber; they (and McLendon’s) tend to be higher priced, but at least they have the material (Lowe’s and Home Depot usually have garbage to select from). Unfortunately, Dunn and McLendon’s aren’t open very late. A lot of people work on their projects when they get home from work, so they have to make a run to Southcenter or Midway to get something; would be more convenient to have that in Burien.

As for the restaurants, I think Toland stretches it a bit by using the word “great”; most are decent. I would like to see another sit-down pizza place open up. Round Table is fun – wish Pizza Hut had a dining area – wish Bison Creek would leave town (ugh!).

• Toland says:

I guess Verona Pizza, Abruzzis Pizza, Vinces and Pizza Gallery aren’t enough pizza places around here., I’m sure you’d much rather eat Little Ceasers.
        I understand that some people don’t like to eat at locally owned businesses, they’d rather eat a sandwich at Burger King than Sal’s, much rather have their breakfast at Denny’s than Flapjacks., some people refuse to eat anywhere that isn’t a chain restaurant.
        Burien has some of the best Vietnmese food ie: Vina Pho & REAL (not Azteca) Mexican food ie: La Estacion, around.

8. Eaton B. Verz says:

Last time I went to Bison Creek my pizza was still frozen in the middle……