Here Are This Week’s Top 10 Reasons To Attend The Poverty Bay Wine Fest
Courtesy our friends at the Des Moines Rotary, here are this week’s Top 10 Reasons to attend the Poverty Bay Wine Festival, coming to the Landmark on the Sound the weekend of March 4-6th:
10. Tastings from 22 Northwest wineries, each sampling 2 or 3 wines.
9. Live music! Including Michael Powers, Susan Pascal, Uncle Ernie, Seattle Women’s Jazz Orchestra, and Tor Dietrichson with Mambo Cadillac.
8. If you’ve never been inside Landmark on the Sound, you owe it to yourself to see this magnificent architectural treasure.
7. Where else are you going to get wine, food, and live music all afternoon for $25? That’s the best deal in town!
6. Opening night is 15 Token Friday! You get five extra tasting tokens if you attend Friday evening.
5. Proceeds support all the projects of the Rotary Club of Des Moines, including college scholarships, help for the hungry and homeless, and support for school children.
4. The Des Moines Rotary also reaches all around the world helping people in Haiti, the Philippines, Kenya, and many other countries with our international projects.
3. Did I mention the food? Fresh bread, cheese, smoked salmon, Salty’s clam chowder, Forte chocolate, and specialties from Mick Kelly’s Irish Pub!
2. As a bonus, we’ll have two car shows: Triumphs on Saturday and Mini Coopers on Sunday.
And the number one reason not to miss the Poverty Bay Wine Festival…
1. Not only will you be having a great time, you’ll be doing something good for our community and our world!
Now that you’re convinced, here are the details:
WHAT: WINE Tasting! Event includes complimentary wine glass and 10 tasting tokens. Additional tasting tokens available for $1.00 each. For more information or to purchase advance tickets online click here. If you attend the Friday night event, you will get 15 tokens per ticket!
WHEN: March 4-6, 2011:
- Friday, March 4, 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday, March 5, 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Sunday, March 6, 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM.
WHERE: Landmark On The Sound, located at 23660 Marine View Drive South, Des Moines.
DRESS: Casual attire.
TICKETS: $30 at the door or $25 in advance good for a one-day admission on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday – buy them online here.