Here Are Over 200,000 Reasons To Attend The Poverty Bay Wine Festival
By now, you have probably seen the wine-colored posters displayed in the windows of literally every business in Des Moines and have read multiple articles on The Waterland Blog about the upcoming 7th Annual Poverty Bay Wine Festival on March 4-6 at the Landmark Event Center in Des Moines.
And by now you and your friends have purchased tickets (you have, right? If not, click here now) and are eagerly awaiting the chance to sample over 20 different wineries such as Page Cellars, eat Northwest cuisine from restaurants like Salty’s at Redondo, and groove to the sultry music of Michael Powers and Mambo Cadillac.
But what you may not be aware of is that not only will you be having a great time, you will also be helping the community – 100% of the net proceeds from this all-volunteer event sponsored by the Rotary Club of Des Moines supports local and international projects.
Each year, the Poverty Bay Wine Festival raises between $40,000 to $50,000, and the club is proud to say that this event alone has raised over $200,000 in the last six years!
Some of the local projects that the Rotary Club of Des Moines has supported are:
- Highline Community College Scholarships: $12,500
- Dictionaries for 3rd Graders in Des Moines: $22,000
- Des Moines Field House Playground: $10,000
- Des Moines Food Bank: $15,500
- Des Moines Farmers Market: $5,000
- Des Moines Parks and Rec. Scholarships: $20,000
- Mini Grants to Local Schools: $15,000
?So now you can go and enjoy your time at the Poverty Bay Wine Festival knowing that as you are sipping your wine and swaying to the music, you are making a difference in your community. Talk about “guilt free” fun!
Plus, the peeps from our sister site The Waterland Blog will be there all weekend, “blogging live” and hanging out – so come find ’em and say hi! Hint: we’re looking for good local stories, so if you have any ideas please tell us there.
- Tickets are just $25.00 in advance, which includes 10 tasting tokens (tastings range from 1 – 3 tokens).
- Additional tasting tokens available for $1.00.
- Discounted Advance Ticket Sales end at Noon on Friday, March 4, 2011.
- Tickets purchased at the event will cost $30.00.
- Groups of 20 or more contact Ric Jacobson at 206-824-9462 for discount pricing.
- Wine Festival tickets are good for a one-day admission on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday.
- 21 and over ID Required at Door.
- No Pets Please.
- This is an indoor event with free parking and free shuttle service from the Des Moines Marina (limited parking available at site for $10.00 per day)
For more information about the Poverty Bay Wine Festival or to purchase tickets, please visit http://www.dmrotary.org/.