Burien Woman Who Videotaped Raping Of Her 4-Year Old Gets 26+ Years
Hollie Beston, a Burien woman who videotaped herself and her husband raping her own 4-year-old daughter, was sentenced to 26 years to life in prison by Judge Mariane Spearman on Friday (Feb. 18) in King County Superior Court.
Beston was arrested in October 2009, along with her ex-husband, Brian Beston, 36, by Seattle Police after the FBI learned of the sex crime from the recipient of the photos, a man facing child-molestation charges in Southern California. Her husband was also sentenced in June 2010 to a minimum 26 years in prison.
Charging papers say the two provided live streaming video of the rape of their child over the internet to the California man, who alerted authorities as part of his therapy. Documents also claim that Brian Beston admitted repeatedly raping the girl, and that Hollie Beston admitted taking photos and videos of the crimes.
According to investigators, Beston was offering the girl online to have sex with the California man and streamed the live abuse to prove the authenticity of the offer.
Some other amazingly unpleasant facts we dug up from this story (as we previously reported in October, 2009):
- Police believe the Bestons abused the girl for several months.
- Hollie Beston is also accused of operating the camera and sending the images via a cellphone and the Internet.
- Police searched the Bestons’ homes in Kent and Burien and confiscated computers, cameras, flash drives, cellphones and other electronics, court papers said.
- The child was taken into custody by state Child Protective Services.
- “I am a fun loving and caring person.”
- “I have a problem with caring for people too much, which leads to people trying to use me.”
- “It is a lot of fun meeting new people but I am careful because I have a young one to take care of.”
Here’s exact wording from her Google Profile, which is still active:
Medical Assisting ; Student at Kaplan University
Traveling, astrology, baking some, reading, swimming, going for walks…
I am a fun loving and caring person. I love to goof off and raising my child. I graduate in August but will be done with classes in the middle of march then plan on continuing my education by going for my RN. I have a problem with caring for people too much, which leads to people trying to use me. I enjoy doing a variety of things and have hopes and dreams that will someday come true. It is a lot of fun meeting new people but I am careful because I have a young one to take care of.
Places I’ve lived
Golden Valley, AZ ; Lenoir, NC; Kent and Burien, WA