SNOW UPDATE: Here’s What We Know Is Delayed/Closed Due To Snow (2011)
Last night’s snowfall has affected the greater Burien (and greater King County) area, causing many delays, closures, snow routes for buses and more, including lots of kids and families out having fun (so be careful if you have to drive).
Here’s what we know:
- Since it’s mid-winter break for Highline Public Schools, no need for a “snow day.” However, all District Offices are Closed. No out of District Transportation. No After School Activities.
- Burien City Hall is open today (Thursday, Feb. 24th), with no delays.
- King County Library says that all its branches are open today as well.
- Burien Police services are uninterrupted. If you need an Officer’s assistance please dial 9-1-1.
- Metro Transit is running snow routes today. More info here.
- Sound Transit is also running snow routes today:
- ST Express Bus – Winter weather service alert: When there are weather emergencies and poor road conditions, some delays to bus or train service may occur. Please be aware of conditions in your area, check local media reports frequently, or visit RPIN http://www.rpin.org/rpinweb/. Listen to recorded Rider Alerts by calling Sound Transit Rider Information at 1-888-889-6368.
- Highline College and CWU branch will open at 10:00am today (Thursday, 2/24/11).
If you know of any other closures or delays that should be shared here, please email us: editor(at)b-townblog.com.