More Cove To Clover Race Results, Photos & Some Runner Shout-Outs
Story & Photos by Scott Schaefer
The final results for the 2011 Cove to Clover 5K Fundraiser Race have been posted (see them here), and after an initial review of the 814 finishers, here’s who we consider some milestone runners:
First off, here are the Top 10 finishers:
- Raul Silva, SeaTac, 19
- Kyle Smits, SeaTac, 32
- Joe Baisch, Burien, 27
- Ray Prentice, Normandy Park, 51
- Paul Hyunh, Seattle, 19
- Matt Parker, Burien, 31
- Andrew Baklunc, Normandy Park, 15
- Thomas Goos, Kirkland, 39
- Rick Williams, Puyallup, 43
- Brad Bodle, Normandy Park, 22
The Top 10 Female Runners to finish were:
- Jenny Prentice: 24:36
- Mary Ann Peterson: 25:05
- Maddie Goebel: 25:07
- Elizabeth Webber-Bruya: 25:40
- Taylor Stordahl: 27:12
- Sandi Rowden: 26:04
- Claudia House: 26:08
- Kristin Poinar: 26:10
- Regina Mutter: 26:35
- Kallie Pleis: 26:38
WAY TO GO ELDERS!
We’d like to give a huge shout-out to the oldest runner to finish:
- Warren Norman, 79 – who came in 669th!
The second oldest, coming in 445th, was John W. Gaither, aged 71.
Three 70-year old runners finished as well:
- Robert Shirley, 53rd
- Sandra Sylvester, 637th
- Penney Hall, 734rd
- Julie Stiles, 68, came in 259th.
- King County Prosecutor Dan Satterberg, of Normandy Park, came in 643rd
WAY TO GO YOUNGSTERS!
- Bryce Kerns, 5, came in 544th
- Elena Briscoe, also 5, came in 742nd
OUR EYEWITNESS ACCOUNT OF THE START & SNAKE HILL:
We were lucky enough to have witnessed the race while seated in the back of the Pace Truck, and we watched with great interest as several young men sprinted right out of the gate at the start, but quickly faded once they hit the hill just up from The Cove starting line.
We’ll be posting more pics soon, especially of ‘The Uprising’ obstacle course and others, so be sure to check back often.