Help Raise $ For Publisher’s Kid’s School – Westside’s Online Auction Is Live
[EDITOR’S NOTE: We’re posting the following story because BTB Publisher/Editor Scott Schaefer has a child attending Westside School. He’s also serving as MC at the school’s annual Auction, to be held on Saturday, April 2nd at the Showbox SoDo. This is one of the perks of doing your own blog…]
Westside School’s third Annual Online Auction is now LIVE!
By Kate Petrich, Online Auction Chair
Whether it’s your first time doing an online auction or you’re a seasoned pro, this auction is sure to knock your socks off! You’ll find over 150 killer items including:
- Sports, Sports, Sports, from Roller derby to Seahawks!
- Pizza Once a Month for a Year from Osteria Da Primo!
- Open Blue Concert At Your Event!
- High Tea for 4 in the Georgian Room!
- Theater Tickets, Hotel Vouchers, Salon & Spa Services!
What you need to know:
- “Register to Bid” with an anonymous handle: “RaiseYou!”, “Hands-Off”, “GoWestside!” This way you’ll avoid withering looks from losing bidders when you beat them out of sizzling items. (can also be helpful if you’re shy about bidding on Botox or laser hair removal – “for a friend”, of course). If you participated last year, your log in information stayed the same, so if you’d like to change it, first log in with the old information and then click the “My Account” tab to change your username. Then log off and log back in.
- Set a Maximum or “Proxy” Bid: No need to watch your items like a hawk, just enter a maximum amount you’re willing to pay, and then check on your items periodically – see “Bidder Basics” for details.
- “Facebook it To Success” After you bid, please forward the auction link to your sports club & gym buddies, business associates, 3rd cousins once removed, etc.
- Pick-up merchandise at Westside School All items other than certificates must be picked up from school starting Tuesday, April 5th. Expiration Dates are March 31st, 2012 unless otherwise indicated.
It’s all here for a great cause, and you get to name your price. Click on www.biddingforgood.com/westsideschool to start bidding now until closing time 10:30pm, Thursday, March 31st.
For questions or comments please contact Kate Petrich, Online Auction Chair: