Nominees Announced For Highline Schools Foundation Gold Star Awards
The Highline Schools Foundation recently released its list of nominees for the 2011 Gold Star Awards, with 27 names from 23 different schools in the district.
Gold Star Awards honor outstanding teachers, staff, administrators, alumni and volunteers in the Highline Public Schools, and all members of the school community were invited to nominate their peers. The entry deadline was March 20th.
Winners will be honored at the Foundation’s Gold Star Awards Benefit Breakfast and Luncheon on May 13th at the Double Tree Guest Suites Hotel and will feature programs of HSFFE over the past eleven years and the impact it’s had on the district. The emcee this year is none other than Highline High Schools famous alumnus Peter Fewing.
For tickets, contact the Foundation Office at (206) 248-5196 or email email@example.com.
The proceeds from this event support all of the Foundation’s programs which enrich the education experience for students.
The Gold Star Teacher of the Year will also be eligible to represent the District in the regional Teacher of the Year contest.
Congratulations to the 2011 Gold Star Awards Nominees:
- Toni Barth, Beverly Park Elementary
- Mike Borfitz, Aviation High School
- Veronique Chevallier-Gruschow, Highline High School
- Mary Drew, Cedarhurst Elementary
- Dan Dundon, Big Picture High School
- Laura Elliott, Mount Rainier High School
- Mark Finstrom, ERAC
- Dan Fosberg, Mount Rainier High School
- Ashley Fosberg, Marvista Elementary School
- Carey Gannaw, TEC High School
- Cynthia Gilbert, Health Sciences and Human Services High School
- Elaine Irons-Hunt, Sylvester Middle School
- Susanne Jerde, Priority School
- Jake Kearns, Facilities
- Dolly Knuth, Choice Academy
- Tom Manola, PSSC
- Beverly Mowrer, New Start High School
- Carrie Robeson, Gregory Heights Elementary
- Evin Shinn, Chinook Middle School
- Cherrie Smith, ERAC
- Jeanne Straton, Bow Lake Elementary School
- Janette Swecker, North Hill
- Victoria Terry, Chinook Middle School
- Dawna Turk, McMicken Heights Elementary
- Don Waring, ERAC
- Jill Waseman, Global Connections High School
- Brenda Rauschenberg, Beverly Park Elementary