Residents Are Invited To Burien’s Next Three Community Visioning Forums
The City of Burien is continuing its “Vision for Burien” project with three upcoming Community Visioning Forums, which are open to residents, councilmembers as well as members of the Planning Commission, Arts Commission, Parks & Recreation Board, and the Business & Economic Development Partnership.
“The City is engaging in a community-wide effort to shape the long-term future of Burien,” according to its website, which adds:
Your participation is essential!
You can check out the schedule page for upcoming community forum information.
We also invite you to fill out our online survey.
The three upcoming forums are:
- Saturday, April 16, 2011, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Seahurst Elementary, 14603 14th Ave. S.W.
- Tuesday, April 26, 2011, 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at Hazel Valley Elementary, 402 SW 132nd St.
- Saturday, May 7, 2011, 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Southern Heights Elementary, 11249 14th Ave S.
These meetings are open to all residents, and the city’s website adds:
Our community enjoys a rich and unique history that continues to define who we are today. We’re asking all our residents to help create a common, unifying vision for our city. The goal of the visioning effort is to provide the Burien community with a sense of direction and a framework for evaluating future policy decisions. The vision that emerges will provide a critical foundation for upcoming City planning efforts:
- Comprehensive Plan Update
- Transportation Master Plan
- Parks and Recreation Open Space Plan
- Drainage Master Plan
The City of Burien strives to provide alternate communication opportunities. Please contact the City Clerk’s office, 206/248-5517, twenty-four hours prior to the meeting, for assistance.