Burien Shooting Victim Identified As Anthony Ourada, 25, Of Kent

The 25-year old man who was shot and killed in Burien Sunday night by a King County Sheriff’s Deputy was identified by the King County Medical Examiner’s Office as Anthony Ourada, of Kent.

Ourada died of multiple gunshot wounds on the scene.

As we reported Sunday night, police say that Ourada eluded officers on April 10th, when a deputy tried to stop a dark Honda after he saw the car speed through a red light. He tried to pull the car over at S. 120th and Des Moines Memorial Drive, but the driver refused to stop.

On Sunday, a different deputy saw the same Honda Accord in the area of SW 108th and 1st Ave SW. The driver was spinning his tires doing a “burn out” with smoke coming from the tires. Ourada saw the deputy, but continued the burn out in reverse.

A chase ensued over several blocks. At South 128th and 24th Ave South other deputies set out spike strips but the suspect driver saw the spikes and turned off at the last moment. The chase was terminated shortly thereafter. At one point the deputy estimated the Honda reached a speed of 100 mph.

The deputy was unable to identify the driver, but based on the license plate, it was the same Honda Accord involved in the April 10th chase.

At 8:05 PM Sunday night, the deputy from the case earlier in the day spotted the Honda in the parking lot of the Arbor Court Apartments, 2225 S. 112th St., which is in the city of Burien. The car was unoccupied.

The deputy called for plain clothes detectives to assist. Several responded in unmarked cars to stake out the suspect vehicle. If the driver returned, the plan was to box the vehicle in and not let it leave the apartment parking lot.

At about 8:20 PM a male got into the car and a female into the passenger seat. Just before the exit from the complex onto S. 112th, police cars including at least one fully marked unit tried to keep the suspect from leaving the lot. However the suspect driver struck three cars trying to get out and around the police cars, and shots were eventually fired by one deputy. Deputies gave CPR until a medic unit arrived. The man was pronounced dead at the scene by medics at 8:56 PM.

The woman passenger was not injured. However shortly afterwards she became unresponsive and was taken to Highline Hospital for treatment. Methamphetamine was found on her person during treatment. She was released from the hospital about 5:00 AM and booked into King County jail for possession of drugs and several arrest warrants.

According to police, Ourada had two felony convictions on his record, including theft and possession of stolen property.

The passenger was also a twice-convicted felon (drugs and theft) and had a felony arrest warrant for Escape from Community Custody, as well as three misdemeanor warrants.

The deputy who fired the shots was placed on administrative leave, which is standard procedure. He is 42 years old and has been with the Sheriff’s Office for just over 14 years. He is assigned to a neighborhood crime unit.

Comments

40 Responses to “Burien Shooting Victim Identified As Anthony Ourada, 25, Of Kent”
  1. 206beezy says:

I LOVE YOU TONY!! you will be and are missed dearly!! You didnt deserve to die. U are although in a better place now and i cant wait till the day that i can be with you!! RIP anthony ourada!!!

2. 253breezy says:

I knew Tony from when he was a teenager. He was always a scumbag from a sleezy family. His dad was a drug dealer, and I’m not sure if mom was ever around, so he probably didn’t have much of a chance at a normal life. He vandalized our property numerous times, unprovoked. It’s unfortunate he turned out the way he did, but bad dogs need to be put down. Better luck to you in the next life, Tony.

3. 253breezyisapunk says:

Your a horrible person. You are talking about the wrong guy. This tony is not nor has ever been a scumbag. And you know the way you are talking im sure you did deserve it, you hartless hefffer. Did your parents never teach you ‘if you have nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself’ because in a situation where someones dead and lots of loved ones are hurt and as you CAN see loved ones read this. YOU SHOULD KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

R.I.P.Tony<3

• bignate says:

Tony may or may not have been sleezy or a scumbag. But when a person makes the decision to drive 100mpg on the public streets the chances are very good that, such action will result in great damage being done to property or person. Someone will always pay for such wreckless behavior, thank God it was not some helpless, innocent, child or senior person. If breezy knows any other people showing simular behavior such as what Tony was ingauged in, it would be better to address the behavior than to defend that person after the damage has been done.

4. tshark2000 says:

Sounds to me like I can sleep a little better at night. I live a few blocks away and am always happy to hear about some thug being taken out. I don’t think he went to a better place, but he made the area a better place by dying.

5. Jessica says:

you know what ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG!! Tony is my cousin and he was a good person regardless what he got in trouble for!! What this ad failed to mention was that the female passenger was his GF and she was pregnant she was due MAY 5th!! If any of you have a concious you would keep your mouth shut and keep your comments to yourself!! HE DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE!! IN JAIL YEAH BUT NOT DEATH AND BECAUSE OF THAT DEPUTYS DUMB DECISON HE WILL PAY!! WE ARE NOT GOIN DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT…..WE WILL GET JUSTICE FOR TONY AND HIS SON ANTHONY JR…born April 24th 2011…..now if you dont think that was a miracle his baby born on Easter…that my friends is a sign from GOD!!

• tshark2000 says:

That’s just great. Another crack baby born in the ghetto. I am sure the kid will grow up proud knowing both of his parents were drug addicts with no respect for anyone; including themselves. I am sure they were both financially prepared to support an illegitimate child since they had money to spend on meth.”Good” people don’t do hard drugs, break laws, out run police cars, or attempt to evade police by ramming their car into them. Did he hold a respectable job, volunteer to help the community, or donate to charity?
      Sounds like Jessica could also use some education. This is a news article not an “ad”. (“Ad” is short for advertisement). There is a difference between conscience and conscious; both of which she spelled incorrectly.(see dictionary.com for help) Commas would also help make her thoughts more understandable.

• Mrs. Ourada says:

Look, first of all, I am Anthony Wife. Not his girlfriend- his wife. I was pregnant at the time Anthony was shot but have since given birth to a beautiful baby boy. All of you make me sick. Just remember that a loss of a loved one to a family is exactly that… a loss. To those of us who loved Anthony, we are extremely hurt and we will continue hurting for some time now. For me… I will hurt for the rest of my life. My husband was shot and killed. My son will never know his Daddy. And criminal or not, a lot of people lost a damn good friend. Any of you who have ever lost anyone close to you should understand that no matter what the persons flaws are or what mistakes they made in their life… when they are gone, they are missed. Thank you.
        Mrs. Anthony Ourada
        Proud wife and single mom

• The hippocrit says:

I didn`t know him but I do know no death goes without pain, no matter who it is or what it was. (Bundy ,Dahmer, etc and such weren`t people, they were monsters)
          I`m sure you will miss him for quite some time, after all, love just doesn`t stop because the person is gone but what kind of legacy are you going to leave for your child?
          What are you going to tell him when he`s old enough and asks you about his daddy?
          Or finds out and asks you what you doing with him during that time?
          I read the report here and from what I see here is you are`n t too far behind him, drugs found on your person, SEVERAL arrest warrants, I`m not saying these are warranted because I don`t know, but if they are, I sincerely hope you have plans on turning your life around and not for you but for the sake of that innocent child.
          God does everything for a reason and maybe this was His way of giving you a second chance to straighten up your life. Take it, change the crowd you hang with and the transition will be much easier.

• Mrs. Ourada says:

Apparently you read wrong… I am his wife. The girl in the car was a family friend- not his girlfriend or wife. I was home. Please get the facts before you decide to comment. Thank you.

6. Tae says:

So Jessica your saying that his GF was pregnant? Then what the hell is she doing with meth? Not just on her, but in her system! So that means this child is already brought into this world with no chance! The father was a convicted Felon, and the mother a convicted Felon! Both drug addicts! So instead of feeling sorry for some stupid drug addicts and there actions, think about the baby! Cause im sure CPS is already involved! If they are such great people then why are driving around my neighborhood at night steeling peoples stuff? I have chased that punk out of my block for steeling stuff! Him and his other little friend in the white Honda! Losers!!!!!!!!!!

• Mrs. Ourada says:

His passenger was a family friend. His pregnant wife (ME) was at home. No… I do not have a crack baby- i have a perfect baby boy. Lets get our facts straight before we start making assumptions about a child.

7. TONY WAS A INCREDIBLE PERSON!!!AFTER ALL OF YOUR BASHING ON HIM, ITS ONLY WORDS, OPINIONS OF PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER SEE THE WORLD… THROUGH HIS EYES. I CAN ONLY HOPE THAT TRAGEDY NEVER FINDS YOU AND LEAVES YOUR MIND IN A BLENDER. WAS THERE NEVER AN INSTANCE THAT YOU FOUND IT ODD THERE WAS A STAKE OUT ON HIS VEHICLE AND THERE PLAN WAS TO ”NOT LET IT EXIT THE PARKING LOT?” WHY NOT USE TASERS OR EVEN ATTEMPT AN ARREST WITH OUT LETTING HIM ENTER HIS VEHICLE ? SO MANY STREET RACERS SO MANY HONDAS IT WOULD BE AN OUTRAGE IF IT WAS ANY ONE ELSE? RIGHT ? THERE WAS SO MANY OTHER WAYS TO STOP A SUSPECT, AMAZING YOU CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING NOT ONE TIRE WAS SHOT AT NOT ONE ATTEMPT TO IMMOBILIZE THE 3000 LB BULLET THAT WAS ALLOWED BY YOUR OFFICERS TO BE A RISK FACTOR IN ALL OF THIS MESS BUT LAY NO BLAME THERE RIGHT TEN FIFTEEN YEARS OF TRAINING TECHNOLOGY TACTICS AND THE WAS THE BEST YOU COULD COME UP WITH ? MY GOD GIVE ANY CREDIT TO AN OFFICER WITH ALL HIS YEARS UNDER HIM FOR UNLOADING A GUN WITH A PASSENGER IN THE CAR NO LESS? KEEP IN MIND PEOPLE RUN WHEN THEIR SCARED KILL THE MAN WHO IS RUNNING FROM YOU UNBELIEVEABLE

• Todd says:

It is an outrage and unjustified to set a trap and shoot him sooo many times. And for some of you people to say what you’re saying! Who are you to judge? He was a good person and not some insane violent criminal! I just think there’s so many times that could’ve been me. Marcella knows what I’m talking about. Anyway it was cold blooded murder and if you can’t see that then you’re just plain stupid and ignorant! Some cops have way too much power and abuse it and the sad part is 99% of the time they get away with it!!!

• police advocate says:

Hmm, bringing up this old news, then talking about judging,, hmmm, what does that first line sound like, judging perhaps?
        Pot, dont call the kettle black.

8. Marcia says:

Just so that you all know, the Female in the car was not his wife, but a friend of his wife’s who Tony was picking up. As far as I know Tony was not doing Drugs. The Officer who shot and killed Tony should face some kind of punishment for his Crime, the situation could have been handled so much differently. Why did you wait for him to get into his car, Was that because you knew he would run and then you could shoot him? I would call that Murder. I no longer have Faith in the Police. They seem to shoot first and ask questions later.. I knew Tony and yes, he did like to break the Law, but he did not deserve to DIE. I will miss you Tony.

9. police advocate says:

Marcia
    That`s okay , the next time you need the police, remember what you said about not having any faith in them and PLEASE don`t call them and just handle it yourself.
    And Marcella,
    You said yourself, a 3000 lb bullet and they did immobilize it, with a bullet that weighed only 158 grains, incredible when you think about it isn`t it?
    I`m sorry he`s dead but I really have trouble finding sympathy for someone who takes a car up side streets where children are at play at speeds of 100mph.

• if you knew your history the 3000 lb bullet got its nickname in another police involved shooting of a young man another instance where you can pull off a killshot rather than do paperwork i really hope that all police involved shootings are re evaluated the ombudsman needs to keep in mind not every one should have to be left with out answers putting some trigger happy officer on paid vacation isn’t the answer for nor should it be the consequence for murder there was every opportunity to make an arrest and low and behold none of you would have a right to be heard or much less speak your harsh words no one cares about your opinion what are you trying to prove when you look back on your life you better not forget putting your thoughtless mindless comments on this page as it is you sound like a bunch of low lifes thats what makes criminals commit crimes alot of people are loosing faith in the police and the justice system and all you can bank off is that this is a police state but never forget that if there wasnt crime you would have no police. instead of solving murders we have police MAKINGcrime PAR-TAKING in crimes… thats a job ? thats what our tax money and budget cuts are for thats why gas prices are up and bus routes are taken away because they are closing schools because theres to much money being spent on police and the corrupt law enforcement . the inquest hearing is when?

• the hypocrite says:

You give the responders crap about not caring about their opinions then write your own thinking what, we care?? hahahahahaha
        And do tell me marcella, how we make criminals commit crimes? By owning things?

10. tshark2000 says:

it really is very simple. Is the world better off without this person? I believe it is. Not only do I make the world a better place, but so do the people I associate with. If you aren’t part of the solution; then you are part of the problem. There is no gray area. Do the right thing; make the world a better place. He was part of the problem. If you defend him; then you too are part of the problem. Whether or not the police followed the rules doesn’t matter. They still removed a cancer.

11. Tae says:

It’s nice to know that my children can play out side and ride there bikes now! How come everytime a new fast and furious movie comes out, all these stupid kids buy Hondas and think they are race car drivers! Your not Vin Diesel. And Tony had to be the dumbest criminal anyways!!! Only a meth head robs the same neighborhood every night. You could here his stupid car coming evey night around 2:00 am. I worked my butt off for everything I have! And when some little punk brakes my window to still a back pack with my daughters kindergarten home work. Thats a meth head!

12. 253breezy says:

Glad to hear I’m not the only one ripped off by Tony. I shared a news link of the story to some of my friends and one of them said “That guy stole my bike in junior high!” Hahaha. Sorry to hear about your troubles Tae, hopefully you can sleep easier now!

To those of you defending Tony… Well… Everyone else has already made you look plenty stupid 😉

13. elizabeth2 says:

A point to ponder from the poet/priest John Donne: “Any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”

We can be glad that our streets or possessions are safer, but to glory and revel in the death of any human being is wrong. Whether a person of good actions or bad, each of us is a daughter or son, father or mother to someone. Please respect that in the nature of your comments.

14. tshark2000 says:

I disagree Elizabeth. I have a brother “of bad actions” and if I were to hear of his death I would say exactly as I stated above, “Good, the world is a better place.” Even his own mother shares that sentiment.

The quote really makes no sense. Here’s one that’s better: “Things are often misquoted over the internet” – Abraham Lincoln

I’m not reveling in his death; I am celebrating that the world is a better place.

• elizabeth2 says:

Here is the entire quotation to help you make sense of it:
      “No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend’s or of thine own were; any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.”

Possible interpretation – we are all interconnected, we are all responsible for what goes on in our world. Whatever caused this young man to be who he was affects all of us, not just him with his death. It may be a reminder that when the funeral bell tolls for one person, we need to reflect that it will also toll for us.

As our children grew up, I have always told them that I will always love them and support them, no matter what huge bad choice they may make. Everyone deserves to have someone in their life belief that. You do not have to love what they do or the choices they make, but they still deserve love.

• tshark2000 says:

Love and hate are both emotions. If everyone deserves love, does everyone also deserve hate? How about respect? All these things need earning. They all take time to grow. Hitler deserved love? Jeffrey Dahmer? Green river killer? Should we love these people? He may not have been a monster as my examples; but a criminal just the same.

15. Jordan King says:

was this tony guy know as toothless tony in burien? i think i knew this kid

16. Micheal says:

Question, isn’t this the second husband his wife has lost to drugs??? WOW, time to wake up and chose your husbands a little better expecially if your going to have kids with them.

17. Brian Ives says:

So anyone who wants to talk crap on a dead man that was a good friend to have but a horable enemy can come c me… He didn’t deserve to die everyone makes mistakes but how come only one cop shot and unloaded his gun??? did it really take the full clip? what other things were done to worn hiom his car was loud so its not like he heard them yell they killed him no self defence murder they just can legally do it!!!!!!!!!!

• tshark2000 says:

still waiting to hear from you. You should learn some decent spelling, punctuation and sentence structure. You might also want to learn the facts.

18. Big Nate says:

Ir’s been 18 days and 27 comments since this was first posted on the B-Town Blog. We have heard opinions from Tony’s supporters and is distractors. His distractors seem to be glad he’s dead, his supporters are still defending his past life. Was Tony given a proper burial or memorial, does his family need any assistance to provide for his child? I am sure there are people in the community that are willing to help if needed. Maybe these discussions have change some minds. I ask that Mrs. Ouada, Marcella, Marcia, Marcella,Jessica, 253breezyisapunk, 206beezy, Brian Ives or other supporters post something that others can join in to memorialize Toney’s life or lend some support to the family. Put this blog. site to use. We look forward to hearing from you.

• Eaton B. Verz says:

Geez Nate, I’m willing to bet you we are and have been supporting both mother and child. The wonderful Tony had no legitamate job. He was a thief,scammer,and tweeker!! Who paid for prenatal care? Did Mrs.O collect EBT or recieve welfare $$? Who paid for all that? Who is paying now? And you are right. Where are all his GOOD friends now? Step up and show what a good guy he really was. Not going to happen……That’s the sad part. Scammers all…….

• tshark2000 says:

true…we have pointed out and have given logical reasoning for our distaste. His supporters say that “He’s a good guy.”; yet give no examples or supporting evidence.

19. tshark2000 says:

Hey Brian …let me know where I can come and see you and talk crap about a dead friend of yours. We can celebrate how much better your life will be without him in it.

• truthhurts says:

tshark2000, your only proving everyone elses point by using threats as your response. You live a life indulged in Meth and crime…you have to know your day is coming. It’s unfortunate that his day came so soon but lets not make him out to be a victim. He obviously had plenty of victims and therefore was not one. As for his wife……it’s not like she wasn’t fully aware of his activities and if you really care about your children you will provide a better enviroment for them so that they may have a future and not just repeat the past.

20. LITTLEH says:

WHATS THE REAL REASON FOR TONYS MURDER. HE WASNT ARMED AN DANGEROUS. HE WAS A GOOD PERSON AND DEFENETLY DIDNT DESERVE THAT. WHY COULDNT HE JUST GET ARRESTED? COPS CANT SAY THAT THEY FELT THREATNED FOR THERE LIVES HE WAS CORNERED AND NOT EVEN ARMED. SO HOWS THAT? AND FOR AS MANY SHOTS THAT THEY FIRED. WHY THATS WRONG .
    I LOVE AND MISS YOU LIL TONY
    WE ALL LOVE AND MISS YOU
    YOUR ALWAYS IN OUR THOUGHTS AND HEARTS
    REST. IN. PEACE.
    ANTHONY OURADA

21. This IsMe says:

He WAS armed…with his car! He hit 3 other police cars and therefore, they have the right to protect themselves. Period! I’m not saying good, bad or indifferent, just saying that police have the right to use lethal force just as much as the common citizen when it comes to this type of scenario. RIP Tony

22. KylieMarie123 says:

The whole time everyone of you who have bashed on Lil tony should be ashamed of yourself! I didnt know lil tony personally but he was like a BROTHER to my brother & is my sister and laws brother. Not only was my whole family effected by this but so was his and everyone close to him. His wife is such and amazing person and she didnt deserve this. She had her baby shortly after, what kind of new mother and new born dserve to go on with there life not having the one person there they need MOST? lil tony may not of been a fan of the law, but who the f*$k cares. He was a good guy, who had a bad habit. the cop who shot him, she be facing murder! Because you didnt take a crimal off the streets! you took a father away from his son! A Husben away from his wife! A brother away from there brother and sisters! A son away from his MOTHER! And A bestfriend And a friend away from everyone else who new and loved him!
    King county sheriffs SUCK! Your just as bad as auburn pd! & you guys wonder why nobody is a fan!

REST IN PARADISE LIL TONY!
    My brother and your family miss you dearly!

23. theone666 says:

he was my bro i miss him dearly i dont beilieve he had to be shot 9 times in the head and upper body by only one cop. i guess now days there training cops just to shoot in the kill spots.people become cops cause when they were young they got bullied and beaten probly there just losers with guns..nr=fp

24. theone666 says:

we found out that deputy keith martin did it…..