PHOTOS: Scenes From Winners Of Burien Little Theatre’s Playwrights Fest
The Bill and Peggy Hunt Playwrights Festival opened Friday night at Burien Little Theatre, with the first place winners crowned – “Unfound Fossils” and “Bold Grace.”
Our friends at BLT sent us the following photos (shot by Mike Wilson) from the two winning productions, which look pretty interesting:
One-act first-place: “Bold Grace: The Voyages of the Pirate O’Malley,” by Ashley Schalow
“Bold Grace” follows the life and times of real life 17th-century Irish pirate, Grace O’Malley. Beginning with her first voyage with her father at the age of nine, Grace re-lives key points in her life until her death in 1603. Grace lived a full life, including pirating up and down the Irish coast, an army of 200 loyal fighting men, her own fleet of ships, two marriages, four children (on born while Grace was at sea), and even a documented face-to-face meeting with Queen Elizabeth I.
Full length first-place: “Unfound Fossils,” by Christopher Bailey
“Unfound Fossils” is a psychological drama about a serial killer. October 11, 2009, marked the 40th anniversary of an infamous San Francisco shooting death, which put the exclamation pointon the tumultuous summer of 1969. On that foggy October night in the ’60s, two men in their underpants, post-coital, lounge in the bedroom of a Presidio Heights mansion, not far from the scene of the freshly committed murder. As the police search the nearby Presidio, one of these men will come to realize the other is a killer. In Act II, and elderly man named Bill shows up in the fall of 2005 at the Seattle office of a 40-something psychologist and former FBI profiler, Dr. Maureen Campbell. When Bill’s revelations about the 1969 San Francisco shooting death threatens the “facts” in her soon-to-be released crime book, Dr. Campbell does her best to discredit Bill, leaving him no choice but to threaten her in other ways.
Both plays run through May 1st, and you can also get $1 off by using this exclusive B-Town Blog Coupon:
You can also purchase tickets (which are just $10 each) online here.
Also don’t forget – as we first reported April 8th, BLT got its liquor license so they’re now serving beer and wine.
Remaining performances include:
- April 24 at 2:00 p.m. – Sunday – “Unfound Fossils,” by Christopher Bailey / “Bold Grace: The Voyages of the Pirate O’Malley,” by Ashley Schalow
- April 29 at 7:30 p.m. – Friday – “Unfound Fossils,” by Christopher Bailey / “Bold Grace: The Voyages of the Pirate O’Malley,” by Ashley Schalow
- April 30 at 7:30 p.m. – Saturday – “Unfound Fossils,” by Christopher Bailey / “Bold Grace: The Voyages of the Pirate O’Malley,” by Ashley Schalow
- ALSO at 2 p.m. Saturday a free staged reading of “The Fishbowl” by Katherine Luck
- May 1 at 2:00 p.m. – Sunday – “Unfound Fossils,” by Christopher Bailey / “Bold Grace: The Voyages of the Pirate O’Malley,” by Ashley Schalow
For more information, visit www.burienlittletheatre.org.
PHOTO CREDIT: Mike Wilson