Celebrate The Start Of Summer At Burien’s 2011 Wild Strawberry Festival!
We’re proud to be the Media Sponsors of Burien’s 2011 Wild Strawberry Festival, and we invite everyone to mark their calendars to ‘Celebrate Community’ on Saturday & Sunday, June 18-19 at the downtown location at Town Square Park!
We’ll have a booth at the fest, where we’ll be doing ‘live blogging,’ taking pics, talking to visitors and generally just having a grand old time at a classic outdoor event.
An amazing number of exciting activities will be featured, including:
- Saturday B-Town Bike Fair, with a bike rodeo, scavenger hunt, and helmet fitting
- Carnival Days hosted by Discover Burien, with rides and games for all ages
- B-Boy Strawberry Jam on Saturday afternoon featuring amazing break dancing
- Games at many of the vendor booths
Some of the other events to look forward to include:
- Kickoff the weekend at the annual Kiwanis Club’s Pancake Breakfast at the Burien Fire Station.
- Discover Burien’s popular Father’s Day Car Show & Chili Cook-Off will again be held on Sunday and conveniently located right next to the activities.
- The Wild Strawberry 1K & 5K Run will be held on Saturday morning and sponsored by Whitewater Aquatics.
- Fabulous music, strolling comedians (including BTB Fave Manuela Horn on Sunday, June 19th), dancers, puppeteers, storytelling and community performers will be a mainstay of the event, along with tasty food booths, great shopping, and the Festival’s signature strawberry shortcake.
- Drop by The B-Town Blog booth and get the latest local news fresh on scene. Or if you have a story we should tell, come give us your news tip in person! We’ll be blogging live all weekend!
Town Square Park is located at the intersection of SW 152nd Street and 5th Ave SW. The festival is produced by the City of Burien and supported by Burien Toyota, Burien Chevrolet, Waste Management, Burien Press, 4 Culture, The Highline Times and The B-Town Blog.
For a full entertainment schedule and more information, go to WildStrawberryFestival.org, or call Burien Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Services at 206 988 3700.
To get you in the mood for this year’s event, here’s a time lapse video we shot last year from a camera perched on the Town Square condos – be sure to watch closely at around the 1:00 mark as the inflatable bouncy things lose power and deflate: