City Of Burien Announces Schedule For 2011 ‘Music & Movies In The Park’
The City of Burien announced Friday (May 20th) their schedule for the 2011 ‘Music & Movies In The Park,’ to be held on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights beginning July 7th, and we’re first with the lineup.
New this year will be three Wednesday night concerts at Hilltop Elementary School, located at 12250 24th Ave South:
- July 13: Banda Vagos–Traditional Mexican Music!
- July 20: Global Heat–World Hip Hop with a Twist of R&B!
- July 27: The Camano Cadillac Band–Keepin’ it Country!
MUSIC: (6:30pm – 8pm at Lake Burien School Park, located at SW 148th & 16th Ave SW, unless otherwise noted)
- JULY 7: LULU LAFEVER
Sizzlin’ Jazz, Hot Swing, and Sultry Blues!
- JULY 21: 85TH STREET BIG BAND
Bring those dance shoes again! Swing and dance away! Free swing lessons from 6-6:30pm.
- JULY 14: A LATIN FIESTA WITH SAMBATUQUE!
Vibrant and eclectic blend of music from Brazil and the Caribbean. Free Samba lessons from 6:00-6:30, kids activities, Latin food and more! Put on your dancing
- JULY 28: THE SEATLES
A Beatles Sing-a-Long!
- AUGUST 4: THE DIAMOND EXPERIENCE
The look, the sound, is it Neil Diamond? Come and sing along!
- AUGUST 11: BOOMERANG SUMMER
A revival of rock and soul!
MOVIES: (start at Dusk – around 8:30pm)
- AUGUST 19: TOY STORY 3
- AUGUST 26: DESPICABLE ME
On rainy evenings, please call (206) 988-3700 after 5pm to learn if concert/movie has been relocated.
As many of our Readers may recall, we also lent a hand to our friends at Burien Parks back in February, when we ran a survey asking which movies people would like to see, and we’re happy to say that the good folks there mostly followed our results, except for excluding “Princess Bride”:
I would go to ‘Movies in the Park’ if you showed (pick 2):
- Toy Story 3 (46%, 90 Votes)
- Princess Bride (38%, 75 Votes)
- Despicable Me (33%, 65 Votes)
- Sound of Music (28%, 55 Votes)
- Wall-e (17%, 33 Votes)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (16%, 31 Votes)
To download your own poster, click here.
For more information call 206-988-3700 or www.BurienParks.net.