PHOTO: Cove To Clover’s Big Hearts Bust Out A Really Big Check
The Cove To Clover fund-raising juggernaut wound down this year’s activities with a big check representing the funds raised through the 5k race and related activities.
When the dust settled and the sweat dried, nearly $36,000 was raised — tripling last year’s charity contribution.
- Highline Area Food Bank: $16,000
- Highline School Foundation for Excellence and PTSAs: $12,250
- Hospitality House: $3,000
- Para Los Ninos: $1,000
- Girl/Boy Scouts: $700
- C2C Tactical Charity Fund: $2,950
- 125 Student runners (need-based) were sponsored and ran for free through the Angel program.
- 20 Student runners received free running shoes from the Shoemaker fund.
The big check was presented Monday in a brief ceremony at C2C title sponsor and BTB advertiser Highline Athletic Club.
BTB photographer Michael Brunk was on the scene and captured the official presentation photo. Click to view larger.
L to R – Daniel Matthews (Highline Athletic Club), Mike Werle (Highline Area Food Bank), Dona Forrester (Highline Athletic Club), Christina Steele (Highline Athletic Club), Emily Thatcher (Highline Athletic Club), Kristen Kerns (Cove To Clover), Mike Bishoff (Cove To Clover), Ashley Fosberg (Highline Schools Foundation)