Welcome Back Advertiser ‘The Tag Zone’ With A Special FREE Coupon
We’d like to welcome back to the blog returning Advertiser The Tag Zone, and encourage all our funster Readers (and parents of funsters) to use this special, exclusive Coupon that will earn you a FREE hour of play with every paid:
The Tag Zone is housed in the Karuna Arts Yoga Studio, and from 6 – 10 p.m. serves as the ‘yang’ to the studio’s usually calm, yoga-related ‘yin.’ After-hours and on weekends, the zen-like yoga studio at 819 SW 152nd turns into a fun-filled, exciting spot full of kids with Nerf guns, playing “tag” with their safe and harmless “weapons.”
Proprietor Johnny Basco, a former U.S. Army’s 2d Ranger at Ft. Lewis, started the business last year as a way to not only entertain local youth, but to help them develop tricks, tactics and more.
“This is an exciting way to develop tricks and tactics, as well as controlling emotions and stress,” Basco said.
“If you’re looking for a simple way to develop your group strategies and your team work, The Tag Zone will be able to do it while reinforcing communication skills between team members. What could be better than The Tag Zone for your next birthday or your staff get-together?”
Cost is just $7 per hour, and according to Basco:
“Fridays and Saturdays between the hours of 6-10pm we offer you the opportunity to drop your kids off and you have the option to stay or have a few hours to yourselves while we keep them busy playing a wide variety of controlled and refereed games. While they are here we divide teams equally as participants arrive and depart. We make every attempt to keep your kids and possibly their friends together on the same team however on occasion adjustments have to be made in order to keep the teams competitively equal.
Score is not kept but the competition level can still be pretty intense. We do not allow participants to argue with each other and definitely towards any of our referees or loss of one game will occur. “
Here’s more from their website about the kinds of games played:
Open Play Sessions at The Tag Zone: Friday and Saturday nights, 6:00-10:00 pm
Squad vs squad
- Eliminate opposing squad.
- Each team begins from its home base. At the signal, the players must find and tag the entire opposing team before being itself eliminated.
Protect the leader
- To seek and tag the opposing team’s leader.
- Each team must protect its leader from getting tagged
- Volunteer players will attempt to eliminate the opposing team’s leader.
Capture the Flag
- To end the game with both team’s flag in its possession, in its home base.
- Each team begins with their own flag, located at their home base.
- The players must retrieve the opposing team’s flag.
- The players are to be tagged and placed in the opposing team’s prison.
- The teams begin in their own home base. When a player is tagged, he must head for the other team’s prison. The prisoner (s) are to be rescued by a teammate so that he (they) may continue the game. The prisoner is rescued from prison when his own teammate hand tags him out. The game is terminated when an entire team is imprisoned.
The Tag Zone is located at 819 SW 152nd, in the Karuna Arts Yoga Studio; the phone number is 206-719-4632.
[Would you like to have a Blogvertorial story, Ad and/or Event Listing like this on a popular, fast-growing website seen by over 80,000 interested Local Readers every month? Email us for more info, or check out our Advertise page!]