B-TOWN POLITICS: Ed Dacy Files To Run For Burien City Council
On Monday (June 6th), Ed Dacy filed for Burien City Council Position 2, the seat currently held by Lucy Krakowiak.
Dacy, who seemingly attends most city council meetings, has run before, most recently an unsuccessful bid for Kathy Keene’s position last year, which was won by Gerald Robison.
Here’s more from a press release he sent to us:
Ed grew up in Burien and graduated from Kennedy High school in 1971. He then went to Central in Ellensburg, from which he received a BA in Business Administration with a specialization in Accounting in 1975.
Ed worked as a Tax Auditor for the Washington State Department of Revenue, from which he retired from in 2006.
He is very active in the community. His involvement in the community include:
- Vice Chair of the City of Burien’s Parks and Recreation Advisory Board
- Board member and Treasurer of Hospitality House
- Commissioner for CYO Youth Basketball for King County
- Has been track announcer for Highline School District Track meets
- Commission and track announcer for CYO Youth Track for King County
- Chair of the Pastoral Council sat his church
Ed has outlined a number of his views in YouTube videos (which were made on a rainy Burien day) and intends to post more videos during the campaign.. To find the videos on YouTube the key words are “Ed Dacy,” or view it here (be sure to watch until the end for what should be an outtake):
Among the things that Ed intends to work on if elected are:
- A priority for the City to put sidewalks on at least one side of the street on the safe walking routes for Elementary School children
- Opposition to the consolidation of White Center & Boulevard Park Libraries
- Expansion of the Community Garden program
- Designating Hilltop Park for Athletic fields for organized sports
- Work to attract youth and teenage oriented entertainment businesses
- Explore options to close ‘problem’ bars quicker than currently being done
- Establishment of a dog park in Burien
His mailing address is PO Box 66346 Burien, Wa 98166.