Burien’s Wild Strawberry Festival Is This Weekend – Here’s What To Expect
Burien’s annual FREE Wild Strawberry Festival is this coming weekend – what will you find at Town Square Park on Saturday and Sunday (June 18-19)? Take a look!
The main Town Square Stage (where The B-Town Blog tent will be located – we’re Sponsors), will host some amazing acts including:
- Local talent such as Momentum Dance, New City Dance, and B-Town Belly Dancers; Highline Community Symphonic Band with dancers from Swing-amajig, and KidsSound, YouthSounds and SilverSounds NW Choral groups.
- At 11am on Saturday bring the kids to See “The Toy Boats” a fun group of musicians who play toy instruments! Sponsored by KCLS.
- Music of all kinds including Latin groups Groupo Amoroso and Los Flacos, rock favorites by BottleRockit, and fabulous Indie rock from local teen band Castbound!
- And don’t miss the amazing B-Boy Strawberry Jam on Saturday starting at 4:30pm. Break dance battles are a fabulous combination of dance, gymnastics, and tons of energy!
Roaming around the festival grounds you will find:
- Musicians such as MoZo and Mariachi Fiesta Mexicana
- Stiltwalkers from Cabiri, the Matt Baker Comedy Show, Oasis dancers, the crazy-fun Bubbleman, and of course our own Manuela Horn and her sheep BOB!
- It’s the 2nd annual B-Town Bike Fair! On Saturday bring your bikes for a kids bike rodeo, scavenger hunt, and family bike challenge. Test out adaptive bikes from Outdoors For All and bring old bikes for donations to BikeWorks. And don’t miss the first-ever All Peddlers Bike Parade at 3pm! Decorate bike and rider at the Art Garage and then parade with the One Love Band!
Lots of family activities such as:
- Toddler Town hosted by From Roots to Wings will include play toys, a bouncer, and games. Also in Toddler Town will be story telling by Bumbershoot Books and puppet shows.
- Make art at the Art Garage. Saturday it’s all about bikes and Sunday make great Father’s Day ties!
- Check out KCLS’s Digital Discovery Zone Van. Make your own comics, movies, music, games and more, or just check out all the library’s website has to offer. Sunday only in the Library parking lot.
- The Burien/Normandy Park Fire Department will be on site with fire trucks and the Fire House
- And don’t forget to bring your towel and play in the spray park!
Check out great demonstrations:
- Head to the Burien Parks and Recreation booth to see all kinds of class demos
- Burien Press coffee shop will have artist Sam “Sneke” Swanson painting a mural in their back alley…don’t miss this Artist in Action on Saturday only!
And new this year, Carnival Days brought to you by Discover Burien on 150th and 6th. Find rides and games Thursday-Sunday for a fee.
And don’t forget to stop by The B-Town Blog’s booth, where we’ll be ‘blogging live’ – come give us a story idea or tip, and see how we produce Burien’s #1 blog, recently named ‘Best Hyperlocal Website‘ in the entire Northwest by the Society of Professional Journalists!
For more details please go to www.WildStrawberryFestival.org or call Burien Parks at 206-988-3700.