‘Odyssey: The Essential School’ Will Open To Students In Grades 9-12 Next Year
Beginning this fall, ‘Odyssey: The Essential School’ will be open to all students from throughout the Highline School District in grades 9 – 12. To prepare for this, they will be holding two orientations next week for any families and/or students who might be interested.
Odyssey has been a neighborhood school at the Tyee Educational Complex (located at 4424 S. 188th Street in Seatac) for the last six years. Now the school is offering an innovative, new program that includes:
- a rigorous academic course of study that prepares students for college;
- a competency-based approach to teaching and learning that allows students to learn at their own pace;
- a blended learning model, which means that along with quality classroom instruction, students have additional opportunities for online and other digital learning;
- a personalized, supportive learning environment based on democratic and equitable practices.
If you would like to learn more, you can attend an orientation at Odyssey on:
- Tuesday, June 21, at 2 p.m.
- Thursday, June 23, at 5 p.m.
To learn more about this program, visit: http://www.hsd401.org/ehighlights/2011/06/01/OdysseyBecomesaDistrictwideSchool.aspx
Questions can be directed to Odyssey@hsd401.org.
An application and interview are required for admission. Enrollment is open now to any student in Highline Public Schools.
To view or download the application, click here (PDF file).
Odyssey is named “The Essential School” because it was founded on the principles of the Coalition of Essential Schools – more info here http://bit.ly/essentialschools