Here’s The Printable Schedule/Map For This Weekend’s Wild Strawberry Festival
Burien Parks released a printable schedule/map to this weekend’s Wild Strawberry Festival (we’re Sponsors), and you can download a PDF here and print it yourself for handy-dandy planning of an entire weekend of local fun.
The annual Wild Strawberry Festival will be held at Burien Town Square Park, located at SW 152nd and 5th Place SW, with the following hours:
- Saturday, June 18: 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, June 19: 10:00am – 4:00pm
Here are important links to various goings-on:
- Entertainment Schedule
- B-Town Bike Fair
- Family & Kid Friendly Activities
- Kiwanis Pancake Breakfast
- Strawberry Jam: Break Dance Battle
- 5K Wild Strawberry Run
- Father’s Day Car Show & Chili Cook Off
- Carnival Days
- Market Place Vendors
Be sure to find The B-Town Blog booth and come see us ‘blogging live’ as well as Publisher/Editor Scott Schaefer serving as MC/Host – we’re in booth B-1 (Battleship anyone? It’s a hit!), right next to the Town Square Stage near the City Hall/Library building.
On Saturday, there’s also the B-Town Bike Fair:
- 10am-2pm – Bicycle Rodeo & Preschool Tricycle Course:Includes Bicycle Safety Inspections, Helmet Fitting & Free Helmets (while supplies last)
- 10am-3pm – Art Garage: Getting you & your ride ready for the 3pm parade!
- 10am-3pm – Bike donations received by Bike Works: Bike Works works with youth to restore old bikes and get them into the hands of kids that can’t afford them.
- 10am-1pm – Adaptive Cycles presented by Outdoors for All: Try out these innovative cycles designed to make cycling accessible to people of all physical abilities.
- 10am-3pm – Electric (”e-bike”) demo by Alki Bike & Board
- 11am-2pm – Bike Scavenger Hunt by Cascade Bicycle Club: Determine the best bike routes around Burien.
- 12pm-4pm – 7-Seater “Conference Bike” Rides
- 2pm-3pm – Family Bike Challenge. One parent and at least one child (in child seat, trailer or other conveyance) race from a starting line to their family bikes, don helmets, strap in kids, and take off. The modified bike rodeo obstacle course will involve some traffic-cone-weaving, pedestrian-dodging, stop signs, dropped toys, and other challenges unique to riding with kids.
- 3pm – All Peddlers Bike Parade: All of the days participants – with bikes decorated or not – will be invited to join the One Love Marching Band and other local crazies for a pedal-powered parade through the Wild Strawberry Festival. Parent/guardian must accompany child and sign liability waiver to Participate.
- Feet First will be on hand to talk about safe and healthy ways of getting kids to school.
- WAVE (Women Against Violence Everywhere) will be here to reach women who want to build up their riding and bike maintenance skills.
- Toddler Town–sponsored by From Roots to Wings. Enjoy some down-time with your young ones in Toddler Town playing with ride-toys, sensory tables, and parachute games. A changing and nursing area will also be provided. Look for small inflatable jumper, storytelling Toddler on Saturday at 11am & 12:30pm and puppet show on Sunday at 12pm & 1:30pm in the same space!
- Art Garage–Make hats or decorate your bike and helmet on Saturday, make funky ties on Sunday for you, Dad or Grandad!
Games–Find games at vendor booths! Spray Park–Bring a towel and play in the Town Square Park fountain
- DDZ Van—Check out KCLS’s Digital Discovery Zone Van. Make your own comics, movies, music, games and Wild more, or just check out all the library’s website has to offer. Teens and children welcome (Sunday only)
At local businesses:
- Three Trees Wellness Center— free chair massage & samples. 15% in store discount during the festival. 643A SW 152nd St.
- Burien Press—Artist-in-Action. Watch artist Sam “Sneke” Swanson create a mural behind the coffee shop on Saturday! 423 SW 152nd St.
Also, don’t forget the amazing amount of other fun activities going on in B-Town this weekend, including:
- Annual Father’s Day Car Show Revs & Rolls Into Burien June 19th
- The Carnival Pulls Into Burien, Scheduled To Open Thursday At 3 p.m.
- 5th Annual Burien Strawberry Festival Family 5K
- B-Town Bike Fair Will Be Saturday, June 18th
- Burien Teen Marta Stahlfeld Book Signing June 18th
- ‘Sippin’ 4 Soles’ Fundraiser At Vino Bello Saturday, June 18th
- Advertiser Tin Theater Holding First-Ever Comedy & Magic Show June 18th