Got Clogs? City Of Burien Wants You To Check & Report Drainage Issues

Print This Post  Email This Post

Late Friday, the City of Burien announced that it is asking residents to check and report any drainage problems on their property, or in their hoods or other areas.

It’s all part of a plan to update the city’s Drainage Master Plan (yes, apparently there really is such a thing…), and here’s the full press release:

Does your street flood regularly during rainstorms? Do you have other storm water drainage problems on your property on in your neighborhood, or any issue related to water quality, wetlands, or critical areas?

The City of Burien would like to hear from you. The City is currently updating its Drainage Master Plan and needs to be informed of any storm drainage problem areas in Burien.

Please fill out the drainage questionnaire found online at or report the problem at Burien City Hall, 400 S.W. 152nd St., Suite 300.

The Drainage Master Plan will guide the City’s drainage-related programs and capital projects in future years. The objective of the Master Plan is to provide a surface water management framework that will help the City achieve the following goals:

  • Protect steep slopes, streams, wetlands and shorelines from erosion and sedimentation.
  • Protect the quality of surface water and groundwater.
  • Provide recharge of groundwater.
  • Ensure natural control mechanisms

Print This Post  Email This Post

Share Your Opinion

By participating in our online comment system, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of our comment policy.

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!