REMINDER: Burien’s Independence Day Parade Starts At 3pm On Monday!
REMINDER: Burien’s 90th Annual Independence Day Parade will start at 3 p.m. on Monday, July 4th (we’re Media Sponsors), and the weather peeps are calling for “mostly sunny, with a high near 74” so it should be a perfect day for truly local patriotism!
The parade, presented by the City of Burien and the Southwest King County Chamber of Commerce, will begin at 3 p.m. at the intersection of Ambaum Blvd. SW and SW 149th Street, then will head south on Ambaum, east on SW 153rd, north on 4th Ave. SW, then west on SW 152nd.
It runs for approximately two hours, putting it at a convenient time before all the barbecuing and fireworks begin.
To download a Map to plan your view, click here for a PDF file, or scroll down for a graphic.
To whet your parade appetite, here are a few things this year’s spectators have to look forward to:
- Grand Marshal Georgette Valle!
- Burien City Councilmembers!
- Belly Dancers!
- Antique Autos!
- Robots! (and their keepers)
- Ronald McDonald on a Segway!
- The Keystone Kops!
- The HOGS!
- BMX Bikes!
- A Chinese Dragon!
- Drill teams, marching bands, floats, elected officials, community groups and more!
- More special entries will be announced by the Chamber, and of course, there may be some surprises on the actual day!
Burien City Councilmember Rose Clark notes:
“Since my childhood I have loved Fourth of July parades. Flags waving, bands playing and people just having fun together. It doesn’t get better than that. We’ve been doing that in Burien for over 90 years. It is fun to work on, fun to oversee and fun to present right here in Burien. I hope to see people standing shoulder to shoulder just enjoying the day.”
Downtown Burien boasts an eclectic and charming mix of business, retail and restaurants, as well as a strong sense of community pride. The relatively new Burien Town Square and City Hall form an impressive backdrop for the downtown “skyline.” People have FUN in B-Town! Everyone is invited to come and be a part of this longstanding Burien tradition. Make it your own tradition in 2011!
The Burien Independence Day Parade is sponsored by:
- The Boeing Company
- Burien Toyota
- Car Pros Burien Nissan
- Fred Meyer
- Highline Medical Center
- Puget Sound Energy
- Seahurst Dental Design/Jim Coleman, DDS
Partners for this event are:
Media partners are The B-Town Blog and Highline Times.
Here’s a map of the parade route (click here to download your own PDF version):
- SLIDESHOW: Sights And Sounds From Burien’s Independence Day Parade
- Our First-Hand Account Of Being In The 4th Of July Parade
- PHOTOS: Scenes From Burien’s 4th Of July Parade