Man Assaulted In Parking Lot Of Burien Fred Meyer; Police Seeking Public’s Help

Left: Aaron McClure, before, and right, after being assaulted in the parking lot of the Burien Fred Meyer on Oct. 5th.

On Wednesday night, Oct. 5th around 9:45 p.m., Aaron McClure (pictured above), 34, was struck in the head by an unknown assailant in the parking lot of the Burien Fred Meyer and severely injured.

According to his parents:

“The result put Aaron in the hospital with a skull fracture, a severe concussion, a large gash across his nose and blood and air in his brain.

It will be a long, long time before Aaron is close to normal again.

Aaron does remember that there were other cars and people in the parking lot.”

The case is still under investigation.

“Please help stop the yellow bellied, beady eyed, slime sucking coward who did this to Aaron from hurting you or someone close to you,” the McClures added via email.

According to his Facebook Page, McClure is a 1996 graduate of Highline High School.

The McClures and the King County Sheriff’s Office are asking if anyone knows anything about this incident to please call the Major Crimes Unit at (206) 296-7530. Any information will be helpful and all is confidential.

Comments

12 Responses to “Man Assaulted In Parking Lot Of Burien Fred Meyer; Police Seeking Public’s Help”
  1. Angie says:

Just outa the blue?? wth?

2. Question says:

Why didn’t anyone call 911 when this happened?

3. Cheri says:

The police were called and have been looking into it but seem to have hit a deadend. All the family and friends are doing is asking for a little help.

4. Breck says:

I was really sorry to hear about this, that’s awful.

5. TcB says:

It’s time FM put up cameras

6. Jason McClure says:

Seriously ” Why didn’t anyone call 911 when this happened?”. I’ll educate you on this subject, the injuries you see on his face were the minor ones. The I jury you don’t see is the 2 1/2 inch vertical gash behind his right ear that came complete with an open skull fracture, meaning his brain was exposed. The simple fact that he even remained conscious is miraculous, when you receive a trauma such as this one your brain automatically ejects all logical thought and switches to pure instincts. The only thoughts in Aarons head were what the just happend, I can’t find my glasses because I can’t see through the blood, oh my god there is blood everywhere and I am dying but I don’t want to die alone in a parking lot, I have to get home so at least I can say bye to my family.
    When he made it home, we will just say that dad has alot of experience in situations such as these and knows the typical outcome of injuries like and Aaron sustained so their only concern was getting him to the hospital A’s fast as humanly possible. So you see the what it’s and why didn’t anybodies don’t really matter, what matters is that we catch this person because if whoever did this was bold enough to do this to a stalky 190lb man than they will definitely, god forbid, be bold enough to do the same to your wife, husband, son, or daughter. So what would your first concern be then.

7. Sara says:

This is HORRIBLE! I am so sorry to you Jason for having to go through this. I truly hope the person or people responsible are caught – and I hope if someone did see something that night, they come forward.

• Sara says:

I meant – Aaron…
      But I am sorry also to the rest of the McClure family – this is such a sad story to be reading about.

8. Shannon McClure says:

Aaron is a great man and did nothing to deserve this! This changed Aaron’s life and we are so blessed to still have him here with us. If you ask his family and friends about Aaron they would all tell you same thing. Aaron is a great person, a great friend. The kind of man that would give you the shirt off his back and never think twice about it. Aaron would be the first one there if you needed help. You could always count on him. He never accepted anything in return. Now he has to deal with this every day, his injuries will take a long time to heal. We are all hoping he heals 100% but only time will tell. Someone had to see this happen or see someone running through the parking lot that night. Our family is asking for help to find the person or persons that did this.

9. mark says:

Fred’s should have better video surveillance. I hope this makes them do it..

10. Steve says:

…. so does anyone still think the cops shouldn’t have done anything about the bum who threw a bottle at someone? Hmmmm…

11. Bob Seaton says:

So–Where is the follow up to this attack?? Has Fred Myer put up cameras?? Have the attackers been apprehended?? Was Aaron robbed or just beat up???–It not a far stretch from FM to the attack that occured this past Thursday.–Lets get these people off the streets–quickly!