Register Now For Cove to Clover to Save $$ AND get a Cool New T-Shirt!
Our friends at the Cove to Clover Fundraiser Event (we’re a Sponsor) want our Readers to know that NOW is the time to Register for the 5k or 10k (or Wee) Race (coming up March 11), because t-shirts are being ordered, and if you miss this chance you won’t get a really cool new shirt!
This year’s shirts are different, and are especially designed for runners – they’re “Tech Shirts” – which breathe and keep you from getting all sweaty and stinky. Okay, maybe they can’t guarantee body odor removal but they’re definitely different and better.
Plus, doesn’t everyone already have enough long-sleeved local run event t-shirts?
And if you register now (before March 2), you’ll save $5 – do it now by clicking here.
Here are the fees:
5k (run or walk) on March 11, 2012 at 1:00 PM
- $30.00 early registration (through 3/2 at 12:00 AM US/Pacific)
- $35.00 registration (3/2 at 12:00 AM US/Pacific through 3/8 at 8:59 PM US/Pacific)
10k (run or walk) on March 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM
- $35.00 early registration (through 3/2 at 12:00 AM US/Pacific)
- $40.00 registration (3/2 at 12:00 AM US/Pacific through 3/8 at 8:59 PM US/Pacific)
Wee Race (1 mile run or walk) on March 11, 2012 at 1:40 PM
- $25.00 early registration (through 3/2 at 12:00 AM US/Pacific)
- $30.00 registration (3/2 at 12:00 AM US/Pacific through 3/8 at 8:59 PM US/Pacific)
Here are details for the event:
5K / 10K (Run or Walk) — Beat the Snake Sunday, March 11th 5K Start: 1 pm; 10K Starts: 12:30 pm? (“The Cove” to Burien Town Square)? This is like no other 5K / 10K you have run. It is hard; suffering is the name of the game as you climb nearly 800 ft up the ominously named “Snake Hill”. Indeed, it is brutal but at the top of the hill runners are rewarded with the ethereal music of a Highland piper and beautiful views of Puget Sound.
Wee (Family) Race – (Run or Walk) Sunday March 11th at 1:40 pm? (St. Francis to Burien Town Square)? Other than overcoming “The Uprising”, this is a great flat course for younger or rookie runners.
RACE HIGHLIGHTS – SUNDAY MARCH 11:
- 10K – Starts 12:30 pm at the Normandy Park Town Center
- 5K – Starts 1 pm at the Normandy Park Swim Club
- Wee Race (1 mile flat course) Starts 1:40 pm St. Francis Church (perfect for first timers and kids)
- Packet/T-Shirt Pickup Sat, 12-5 pm in Burien City Council Chambers
- ALL Race-day Registration and Packet Pick-up @ Burien Town Square 10am-12:30 pm
- FREE SHUTTLE from Registration to both 5K and Wee Race start lines
- FREE GEAR CHECK near Registration
- Park at finish line, register, check-in your stuff, ride the FREE Tours Northwest shuttle to the start line party, run!
- NO SHUTTLE TO 10K Startline
Oh, and don’t forget – the annual Cove to Clover Pub Crawl will be Friday, March 9th!